Burak

If someone asked Burak what his greatest wish was, he would easily reply that it was becoming head of the Department of Traumatology at Istanbul General Hospital. He had not chosen to be a doctor, the profession had chosen him by his father. Ekram Yangel was an excellent doctor: respected, rewarded, influential, but a terrible father.

Son of separated parents, after the death of his mother, Burak moved in with his father in Istanbul. It was extremely difficult for them to find something in common at the beginning, but they succeeded. Both were ambitious and always wanted to be ahead of everything. Ekram taught Burak what the medical school could not teach: how to earn at any cost.

Anyone who saw it from outside would be surprised at how quickly it gained more and more space in the hospital, it grew in the eyes of the board, the clinical staff and the patients. But for those who had to live with him this was already expected.

He knew when and how to attack those who were beginning to excel at the hospital. And when that didn't work, he could always appeal to his father's heavy conscience. As a good apprentice, Burak surpassed his master.

He felt that he was getting closer and closer to getting what he wanted until, without warning, Demir Erendil showed up at the hospital. He was the complete opposite of Burak, which is why perhaps the doctor hated him so much.

While Burak was always looking for an easy way out, Demir found smart solutions. He worked hard and respected his colleagues, never trying to take advantage of any of his weaknesses or mistakes. But he was not perfect.

Burak didn't know where Demir got his rules from, but they were very useful so he could start paving his way back to the top. Divide to conquer, that's what he did.

At first everything seemed to work out. Demir gained the dislike of most colleagues, his father began to have doubts about him, everything was moving so that soon he would be sent back to Japan.

But, he didn't go .

Demir survived the rest of the month and the rest of the year. He began to reverse the thoughts of his co-workers and to come near them.

Burak tried to take him down, not once, but several times. However, he always managed to get over whatever was in his way and got stronger in front of the hospital.

Demir's patience and intelligence was something that Burak learned not to underestimate. But he knew he had a weakness, he had his pride. He did not admit criticism or questioning about his work and his character. If he knew how to take advantage of this, he would get rid of his rival quickly.

Burak didn't think it would be so easy to take Demir Erendil down, but he didn't even have to work hard to get him out of his way. Demir had put himself in a situation that he could not escape without losing something.

At first, Burak wanted him to lose his job at the hospital. He tried to provoke him, he knew his patience would run out quickly and he would give in. Did not work. So he decided that if he couldn't get him out of the hospital in a easy way, he would get him out in a nasty way.

Some crossed words, some advice and hints. Burak planted doubt in the minds of those who defended Demir. But then there was a setback. Overnight Demir had become the hero who bravely managed to get a woman out of her attacker's arms. A man who has such a stance would not be seen as a profiteer by hospital staff.

He needed to be more aggressive in his onslaught against the doctor. As the son of the Director General, it was easy for him to obtain secret information about patients. One phone call was enough for him to be in control of the situation once again.

Burak found the victim's husband and told him that it was Demir who had persuaded the woman to press charges. He knew that the man suspected the doctor, his confirmation only served to make him want to take revenge. It was obvious that this guy was the type who wouldn't let such an event go by without trying one last chance to work things out for himself. So, when the gunman broke into the hospital, Burak knew that Demir was going to meet him.