Günaydın, Selin Hanım

Merve came into the room talking on her cell phone. Nil and Selin looked at each other without understanding what was going on. The two stared at the blonde who agreed with what the person on the other end of the line was saying.

The doctor approached Selin's bed and took the phone to her friend's ear. Carefully, Merve positioned the girl's arm so that she was able to hold the device to her face. Selin stared at her friend confused, when the voice on the other side caught her attention:

Günaydın, Selin Hanım.

Selin felt every part of her body melt and an involuntary smile took over her lips. Demir's voice, though metallic, seemed hoarse on the other end of the line. A shiver went down Selin's spine and she wanted to wake up like that for the rest of her life.

Günaydın. — Answered the girl feeling her cheeks flush.

Did you sleep well? — Demir asked, making Selin's stomach churn with emotion.

— Evet. — She assured her with shining eyes.

That's good. — He said, smiling. — What are your plans for today?

— Stay in bed all day? — She pondered in a good mood.

Yazıklar olsun Selin. — Demir's disapproving tone contained a hint of amusement. — I expected more from you.

Selin laughed at the way he spoke, it was obvious that he expected more from her. He always expected. If it were to depend on him, Selin would be able to get out of bed and perform the four acts of "Swan Lake" in the hospital corridor.

For Demir, nothing was more contagious and exciting than that girl's laugh. It was impossible for him not to accompany her at that moment. He wanted her to always laugh, she looked so beautiful when she smiled. If he could, he would do the impossible that she would always be happy.

— Demir, seni çok özledim. — Selin murmured, breaking the pleasant silence that had settled between them.

Ben de.

Selin's heart jumped violently against her chest when she heard Demir whisper those two words. She felt like she was being taken to the clouds just by hearing his voice.

— Nil is looking at me ugly. — Selin commented, looking at the physiotherapist who pointed to the watch on her wrist. — I think she wants to say something.

Tamam, I will not delay you anymore.

— Are you coming to see me later? — She asked, her voice very fluffy.

If I can finish organizing my things until the night visit time, yes. — Demir assured, making her smile even more widely. — Otherwise, I'll call you to say good night.

— Promise? — She asked, visibly anxious.

Promise.

Tamam. Now hang up.

It is impolite to hang up on a lady...

Ya Demir .. — Muttered Selin, just like a spoiled child. — Kapat...

Hayır... — Demir laughed lightly on the other end of the line.

Nil rolled her eyes and approached the bed, taking the cell phone out of Selin's hand:

— I'm hanging up on you, Demir.

— Nil! — Protested the girl completely indignant.

— You can date another time, Selin. — Countered the physiotherapist, pretending to be angry.

— Biz sevgili değiliz. — She murmured in denial.

— Yeah. — Nil mocked. — And I'm Miss Turkey.

Selin rolled her eyes and felt her cheeks heat up. She was telling the truth, there was nothing between her and Demir.

She didn't deny, of course, that things between them had been a little different since the day she found out he was leaving the hospital. Whenever he could, Demir would visit her in the morning and accompany her in physical therapy sessions. He didn't used to warn her when he was going to appear, which left Selin a little frustrated, since most of the time she had just woken up and had a wrinkled face and a totally disheveled hair in front of him.

Selin liked it when Demir accompanied her in sessions, but she preferred it when he showed up late in the evening. At that time was when she used to be alone and the two could talk freely.

Demir had become a tactile person, he always tried to touch Selin in some way and she loved to feel his skin against hers. Her stomach used to churned with joy whenever he entwined their fingers and she felt her heart would stop when he touched her cheek with his lips.

She didn't know what it all meant, but those minutes were the most valuable minutes of her day. During the time that she was alone with Demir, she could be herself. She could talk about her fears and insecurities without worrying about measuring words so as not to upset him. Demir understood her more than anyone.

He was patient and always tried to try to help her find a way to replace bad thoughts with new dreams. Selin liked to talk to him, liked to hear the sound of his voice telling about how different it was in the new hospital.

When sleep started to get hold of Selin, Demir used to slide his fingers lightly over her face until she surrendered to a deep sleep. On those nights, Selin had no nightmares. Instead, most of the time she even dreamed.

In her dreams she saw a beautiful house away from the city in the middle of the mountains, with a beautiful garden full of flowers. She saw Sakız attached to a branch of a small tree, while Karamuk ran around the pool in the middle of the lawn. She was able to see Mösyö Tosbağa slowly chewing on the berries that the birds dropped on the ground.

Selin did not know that place, she was sure of it, but she felt that this was her home. It was as if, being there, nothing in the world was capable of reaching her. She would be happy for the rest of her life, as long as she was in that place.

There were nights, however, when the dream changed. She was still there, in the mountain house, but sitting by a fireplace looking at the stars through the window glass. She felt the heat of the fire on her skin and heard the noise that the wood made when it was burned. But most importantly was that she was not alone.

Selin recognized the perfume that accompanied the strong arms that wrapped her in a warm embrace. She was able to see the hairs on her arms rise when the stubble touched her neck, before the wet lips left a small kiss on the spot. The building in the mountains was her home, but those arms were her real hearth.

A shock crossed Selin's face when the truth hit her. Her heart seemed ready to explode with such anxiety. She couldn't keep it that much longer, if she did she would go crazy.

What was the use of denying something that was already obvious?

Selin looked up at Nil and Merve who had a worried expression on their faces. She took a deep breath, taking the courage to say out loud the words that had long been engraved on her chest:

Kızlar, ben Demir'e çok aşık oldum.