7

The next day, the newly wed was supposed to check on the market place under Liyue's port to look for more suppliers of materials, however, upon arriving at the place, what they met instead of quality products were broken stalls, and disarrayed goods.

The underground market have been attacked by creatures. 

Upon surveying the entire place, Anthea and Diluc came to know from the claims of the people that the Abyss Order and the Fatui could be involved in the unusual coercion. Diluc found it strange. He has been hunting down the Abyss Order for years in order to rid every possible threat to Monstadt, and within those years he has discovered that they were also after his wife for reasons he couldn't seem to ponder.

Leaving his perplexed wife behind, Diluc had ran off outside the harbor, following the elemental trails towards the mountainside. 

"Diluc!" His wife called out, however, he has been too clouded by the looming threat on his wife being in possible danger. He had almost lost her before, and he wouldn't let it happen again.

He rushed towards where the trails led, prepared to defeat any creature along his way. Yet the trails have ended without revealing any body. Not the Fatui, and Definitely not the Abyss Order. Nothing was there. And he couldn't be anymore frustrated that he left his wife for nothing.

__

During the night, Diluc came back to the Pavilion exhausted. He did his best to search for the Enemy's whereabouts, still he found nothing. 

Seeing his wife preparing dinner, he immediately tackled her from the back into a tight embrace. He buried his face on her neck, gently taking in her flowery scent. He needed to replenish his strength, and only through her shall he ever truly find rest.

"I'm sorry for leaving without a word." He whispered, his nose still nuzzled near the gap between her neck and shoulder. "I got so scared by the thought that you can be in danger once again."

"It's okay dear. I'm much more worried about you, Diluc. You need not to worry about me, I am a knight, you are a Hero, danger is inevitable for us." She turned around to face him and touched his chest with her gentle palms, "But we have each other. So you don't have to carry this burden alone."

He placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. "Alright. I'm sorry." 

"Dinner?" She asked with her gentle smile, holding out a plate to him. He smiled back, nodding in response. 

How he loved the meals she cooks. 

__

Xiao watched the couple's Silhouette through the window. He envied the mortal from receiving such pampering. His mother used to cook warm meals for him too, so his heart ached from the longing from her care. Still he was satisfied to see that she had at least found someone who would take care of her heart of soul, and he knew that unlike the former Archon, the mortal wouldn't force her to a misguided perspective of love that's built only to destroy her. 

"They're going after her. We need to protect her. She'll be safer by my side." The god spoke from the shadows.

"Her husband is capable." Xiao spat.

"I know." He said, staring down. "But I cannot accept it."

"She can choose who she wants to love. She's not your property."

"We made a vow." 

"A vow so unblessed that it destroyed her." The Yaksha hissed, gritting his teeth. He was still angry that the Archon once ruined his mother's smile.  "You destroyed her, Rex Lapis. No matter how you romanticize that, you are the reason why she passed leaving nothing but lonely tears!" He bitterly yelled to his face.

"We fought so hard with everything we got and did not win! You know not of how painful that is to both of us."

"Then why did you live? Why didn't she?" Tears fell from the corner of the Yaksha's eyes. "Why take her back only to feel the same thing over again when someone's clearly making her a lot happier?" 

Zhongli felt silent. 

"Why didn't you protect her when she had given everything to protect you? Why did you let her die so desolately that flowers withered around her? Even that she didn't deserve." 

The god's tears fell from his eyes. Perhaps there is something which happened in the past that the Yaksha couldn't understand. But he was right. He did try. He rummaged through Teyvat for aids, for solutions. Still he failed. 

That is exactly why he should do everything in his power to take her back.