30

"Diluc?"

Diluc immediately woke up at the sound of his wife's weak voice. For days, Diluc refused to leave the room, also neglecting to eat or drink anything. His wife's condition destroyed him, and now he was falling apart.

With dark circles under his eyes, he desperately held his wife's hand. "love, I'm here."

"I'm scared." She spoke. Diluc broke down into tears. He too was scared. Scared that she'll slip away once again. Scared that she'll leave. And more importantly, scared that his feelings would make him selfish enough not to let go when she was clearly in so much paint just for simply trying to leave.

"Have you been enduring all this time?" Diluc asked, tightly holding her hand to his cheek.

"I thought as long as I hold on and endure, I'd be able to beat it. But I'm losing once again."

"I'm sorry.. Had I known, you wouldn't have suffered alone. I was too happy about building our family together that I failed to notice what you're going through, Thea, I'm sorry..." Diluc sobbed, kissing the back of his wife's hand. He felt helpless against the enemy they can't beat nor control.

"Had you known, you would have suffered too, and I don't want that. You deserve the world Diluc. You deserve to be happy. And the smile on your face kept me alive all these years." 'I love you with all my life' Those were the words Anthea spoke between the lines.

"But you deserve it more than me. You deserve it more than anyone else Thea. How could the gods of celestia punish such a gentle person? How could they?" Diluc said, gritting his teeth. There was no one to else to blame but celestia.

"Diluc.. "

"Yes love?" Diluc's voice trembled.

"Can you take me to the meadow? I suddenly want to see the flowers. It would be nice if I could see crystal flies too, I think I saw few last time at our vineyard.." Once again, Diluc broke down into tears, for he knew why she was suddenly requesting all those things. He knew what was going to happen next. And it took more than  courage to prepare himself for it.

Gently, he carried his wife to the meadow. It was quite the long walk, and he was worried that she'll slip away even before reaching the place. He would constantly call her name to check if she was still awake. He was scared to let her fall asleep. For she might never wake up when she does.

"Hold on love, we're almost there." He whispered, but the only response was a hum as she was beginning to slightly close her eyes.

"Diluc..."

"Yes love?" He answered, panting as he hurriedly jogged.

"I suddenly don't feel afraid anymore."

"You're brave love.. You're brave." Diluc's voice broke as he couldn't fight the tears falling from his eyes.

"You know why? Because I know it's you. I can go peacefully because it's you."

"No one's going, love. Please hold on."

"I feel brave because you're the one wrapping me with your arms."

Those were the last words he ever heard of her. He knew why. He knew she has already closed her eyes. But still, he kept going on until he reached the meadow.

On the flowers that welcomed their guardian, he laid her body gently. She was like a goddess, peacefully sleeping with a smile on her face.

"Thea, we've arrived. Look at the crystal flies, they seem to glow brighter then they used to." He whispered, and could only hope that she heard.

---------

This is not done yet! Don't be sad!

Btw, will anyone read if I were to publish both Diluc and Anthea's back story and Zhongli and Azalea's story at the same time?