17

In Anthea's sleep, she dreamt of an infant gently rubbing her cheeks. She kissed its forehead, and its golden eyes glimmered.

As she woke up, slowly opening her eyes, she felt her hand being held by her husband's. He was crying. Was he sad? No. Was he worried?  No.  He looked as though he couldn't contain his happiness.

"Good morning, dear." She greeted her husband with a smile. 

Immediately, her husband sat her up and pulled her into an embrace. 

"You seem happy.." She whispered as she hugged back.

Behind his husband, she saw a familiar old woman.

"Madam Ping!" She softly exclaimed. 

"You remember me?" Anthea nodded.

"I see you in some of my dreams."

"I see. I feel elated that you do. But I'm afraid I shall leave you for now, for you're husband has come to tell you a great news."

"Can I speak to you later though? I have a lot of questions about Azalea."

The old adeptus nodded. "I shall tell you everything you wish to know about your previous life later. As of now, I hope this moment with your husband shall be well spent." She said as she walked out of the chambers. 

"I'm so sorry I let Zhongli kiss me. You're the only one Diluc. I promise, you're the only one." Anthea whispered as she leaned on his husband's chest.

"I know. I'm sorry for leaving you. I trust you Thea. I promise not to make the same mistake. I love you. Heavens.  I missed you so much."

Diluc wrapped his arms on her wife ever so tightly, as if it is going to be the last time. He craved for her warmth, and so as tight as he could, he caged her in his arms. Afraid to lose her once again. 

Tears brushed against Anthea's cheeks as she trailed her fingers on his face. "I really really really missed you too, Diluc."

"I've discovered something great when you were sleeping." Diluc whispered, kissing his wife on the lips.

"What is it?" She asked between his kisses.

With one final long and gentle kiss, Diluc pulled away, smiling widely at his wife. Tears fell from the corner of his eyes as he touched her stomach. "Finally, after months of waiting, our love has bear fruit, Thea. We're having a child."

Anthea took a moment before finally processing what her husband has said. And as more tears fell from hwr eyes, she gazed down at her stomach, touching with her gentle hands.

"Is it true? Am I really pregant?"

Diluc kissed her forehead in response.  "You'll be a good mother, Thea. And I promise to be the best father and Husband I could ever be."

"Oh dear, you're already the best. You're everything I could ever ask for, Diluc. You are everything to me."

Diluc laid his wife on the cushion, caging her with his strong arms as he gazed her down with passion. "I need you more than the air I breathe, Anthea." He whispered, trailing light kisses on her cheek.

"More than the moon that sparks my hope." He whispered as he trailed kisses on her neck.

"You are the beautiful reality I wake up to after my nighmares." He whispered, trailing gentle kisses on her shoulders.

"I want to offer you the stars, the moon, and everything. But even that won't be enough. So please allow me to offer you my world."

The moon above lit, the dim night has been made more elegant with the tranquil sound of rain. And in the midst of them all, two flaring hearts once again became one.

"You need not to follow me all the way to Liyue, Barbatos." Zhongli growled, pushing the archon away in thought that he would only get in the way.

"Fret not, old friend. I have no desire to intervene. I simply wish to be there to keep you level headed. "

"You're like the young adeptus, Xiao. Constantly doubting my resolve without understanding where I'm getting if from"

"Then I'll be honest with you, Rex Lapis, I'm afraid of what you're turning into."

Zhongli halted in his tracks to gaze down at the Anemo Archon. "What do you know about what I'm trying to accomplish?" He glowered with the same stare that gazed at fallen gods he defeated thousands of years ago.

"Then make me understand, Old friend. What are you really trying to accomplish?"

The Gei Archon turned away, sighung in defeat. "He's running out of time." He whispered.

"Who do you speak of?"

Reluctantly, Zhongli pulled out a clear vial from his suit. Venti's eyes widened, he was still afraid of whatever his old friend was trying to do, but for once, he began to understand his feelings.

The vial glowed gold, but it was flickering low every minute.

"He atleast deserves to live and see his mother. " He said as he gazed sadly at the vial.

All this time, the god contract, the almighty Geo Archon, has been trying to protect the wisp of his unborn child with the nymph.