11

Once, a Nymph bestowed with the blessings of Nature guarded all the living.  With her presence, no such forms of abuse against the earth's resources infested the soil, for her pure heart resonated with the hearts of all Teyvat. Because of her influence, Celestia granted her the power to become a goddess, however she chose to remain as a humble nymph. For it was not power and dominance that she wanted, but harmony among the hearts of every creature big and small.

One day, when she was guarding the woods of Liyue, she stumbled upon a wisp. As she picked it up with her tender hands, her heart broke upon witnessing it's flickering spark. The wisp was dying, but it wanted to live. 

"Poor creature. Do you still wish to live?"

It couldn't speak, but she felt from her heart that it was doing its best not to lose its remaining light. 

"Very well, I shall carry you in my womb and be born with a form. Would you like to be my child?" The wisp glowed gold, as if to respond positively to the nymp's proposition. 

"Azalea! I've been searching everywhere for you." A man spoke behind the nymph. Azalea turned around and offered her lover with a genuine smile.

"My dear, Zhongli. You've found me." 

The Lord of geo tackled his lover into a tight embrace, and placed a kiss in her forehead as he pulled away. "Zhongli...I really love that name that you made for me." He muttered.

"Look what I found." The nymph hummed happily as she held out the glowing wisp in her hand. 

"It's dying."

"I know, love, but it wanted to live, so I've thought of a way."

"A way?" 

"I will carry it in my womb, and give birth to it's new form. " She replied, her eyes glimmered with hope, but the geo god was unhappy. "Why do you look so sullen?"

"That's a wisp of soil. It has the Geo god's blessing. My blessing. You wouldn't be able to withstand the power of a god with your current state." He muttered in a worried tone.

The nymph only gave him a reassuring smile as she held her palm unto his cheek. The god's worries eased from the nymph's touch, but he still could not allow it. 

"Zhongli, love, I am the Nymph that guards the living beings of Teyvat. Shall I turn a blind eye from the cry of the poor creature that needs my help if I can do something?" 

Rex lapis gritted his teeth as he refused to look her in the eyes. He knew there was no winning against her modest resolve. "But you can lose half of your lifespan." He muttered in a hoarse whisper as his lips trembled out of fear. Fear of losing the only woman he has ever loved in his long and exhausting life. 

"I'll still live long. Long enough to love you, cherish you, and build a family with you. We'll build a family with Alatus. And we'll build a city that would rival the stars. The people of Liyue shall be our children." 

"Alatus?" 

"That's the name of my child to be." She said as she stared lovingly at the napping wisp. 

"Alright. Just promise me that we'll do all that. Promise me that you'll love me for the rest of your life." Zhongli whispered as he leaned closer. Slowly, their nose touched. 

"I promise." And their lips met each other's. To the nymph, it was a promise she held on to. To the Lord of Geo, it was a contract that would last eons sealed by a kiss.