29

"Mama! I made you a flower crown!" Yizhong chimed at his mother.

"It's beautiful, dear." She hummed, putting the crown on her head. Ever afternoon before sundown, the Nymph would lay a blanket on the field, and she and her son would sit there and watch the sun set. They would talk about a lot of things, make different crafts, and sometimes just laze around. 

Although inseparable, her two sons are completely different when it comes to a lot of things. Zoran, like his father, loved to be involve with concerns regarding the winery. While Yizhong on the other hand would prefer to stay with his mother, reading books and peacefully discoursing about the different phenomena around Teyvat.

"Mama?" To Anthea's surprise, Zoran softly called out as he shyly walked towards the two.

"Yes dear, Is there something wrong?"
Zoran shook his head

"Is it okay if I join you and Zoran today?" The young boy asked. Hues of pink surrounded his cheeks as he held  a flower crown to his mom. The crown was no better than what his brother has crafted. Afterall, Yizhong was more adept with those things. However, Anthea knew that the boy also wanted to be appreciated the same way his brother was.

The nymph gave her son a wide smile,  gently patting the little boy's head. "You made this? It's wonderful, Zoran, I love it. Can you put it in my head?"

The young boy's fiery eyes beamed with joy as he nodded and did what he was told. As time pass, Zoran resembles his Father more and more in his mother's eyes.

"What are you all doing here?" Diluc chimed, walking towards his family and squeezing in the middle of Anthea and Yizhong. 

Yizhong blushed, he always thought that his father liked his brother more,  but now he chose to sit beside him instead of Zoran. To him, it was definitely one of the happiest day in his life.

"Yizhong and I made a flower crown for mama, papa!" Zoran answered, proudly pointing towards his and his brother's work.

"You too have such nice taste. These indeed suit your mama well. I'm proud of both of you." Diluc said, rubbing the twin's hair. "You are quite skillful in arts and crafts, Yizhong, I support it. Just tell me the materials you need and I'll buy them for you." He said, gazing at Yizhong's eyes with such acknowledging smile.

Yizhong's eyes widened. He couldn't believe what was happening. But he wasn't complaining either. For his father's acknowledgement was all he ever wanted, even if it was just praising the little things he made, it was enough to make him happy.

"Thankyou Papa! I'll be happy with anythung you give me! But.. It would also be nice if we could go to the art store togther." Yizhong's cheeks burned red as he told his father his requests.

"Is that so? Then I shall cancel my plans tomorrow. Will that be good for you?"

"Anyday is good Papa! But you don't have to cancel your plans just for me. I'm always avilable anyway."

"Ofcourse I do, nothing is more important than my son." Diluc replied, rubbing his son's hair. Hiz gaze were as fixed as it usually were, however, his lips were slightly slanted, a rare smile Yizhong hardly saw in his father. But the young boy's heart warmed as he realized that his father was smiling at him.

"Actually, why don't you come with me to my study? I have something for you."

"Really Papa? I'd love to!"

Despite the child's excitement, Yizhong was at first hesitant to leave his mother's side.

"Go with Papa, Yizhong! I'll take care of mama this time!" His twin brother told him, patting his back with reassurance. Yizhong nodeed, thankful for his brother's support.

Yizhong had never once been alone with his father, that's why he was feeling a bit nervous as he followed him to his study. Diluc took notice of the child's dilemma, that's why he lifted the boy up and carried him on his shoulders to ease his tension. Yizhong was confused at his father's action, but he knew he did it to rid of his anxiety, and that moment burned in his memory as one of the things he was thankful for.

"This took a while to arrive because I had it specially made from Liyue Harbor, but I hope I'm not too late." Diluc spoke, opening a huge tall box that revealed a black polearm with crimson accents.

Yizhong eyes widened, almost in tears as he caressed the weapon his father bought him. "Papa.. This is... " He whispered as his voice shivered.

"Is it not to your liking? I can preorder another one of your choice if you'd like."

Yizhong shook his head, wiping the tears that fell from his eyes with the back of his hand. "No Papa! This is everything I can ever dream of in a weapon!"

"is that so? I'm relieved. I had it made with light materials because speed is an essential attribute for a polearm user. I may not be adept in this particular weapon but you can come to me to train whenever you want to."

Yizhong nodded, his tears still uncontrolled. "Can I hug you papa?"

Without another word, Diluc spread his arms with a smile on his face. Yizhong immediately tackled him, and they both embraced one another ever so tightly. "Thank you Papa."

"You're welcome, son."

"PAPA!!" Diluc was alarmed at the sound of Zoran's voice, yelling his name.

"PAPA HELP! MAMA'S VOMITING BLOOD!" Immediately, Diluc rushed towards his wife.

When he arrived at the scene, the image of his son crying and his wife unconscious with blood all over her dress terrorized him. Before he knew it, he was crying as he rushed her towards the manor.  "Not again.. Please...please don't leave me.. " He whispered pleadingly to her ears as he held unto her body tight. 

He was so bombarded and confused. Aside from minor headaches and coughs, his wife seemed healthy. But as he stared at her at that moment, she looked as if she's in a lot of pain.

"Elzer! Find a way to contact Xiao immediately!" He yelled as he stormed towards their room with his wife in his arms. Their children following behind, worried and crying.

As he laid her on their bed, she was pale and fragile as withered glazed lily. Diluc felt restless. He couldn't do anythung to stop her pain. She seemed awake, but too weak to even utter a word or open her eyes. He felt so incapable.

He couldn't even console his crying sons.

How could he save her this time?