Chapter 4

Daquan

As much as I wanted to hate Brittany for telling Kristen about us I couldn't. It's not all her fault I should of never let her blackmail me in the first place.

These pass few months I have been trying my best to become a better man and a better father to my kids.

My relationship with Kerri has gotten better she moved in with me because of our kids. She was to scared to move on her own and the fact that Ashley still hasn't been caught since kidnapping our daughter which has Kerri on edge, constantly looking over her shoulders paranoid that she will take her away into the night. I try not to let it show that I fear that Ashley will try again which is why I took extra precautions by keeping myself strapped at all times and I took the time to have a tracking device installed in a bracelet for Sierra and anklet for Lucas.

Kristen on the other hand hardly speaks to me ever since I let Kerri move in. The only time she do is when it concerns our boys and even then it seems forced. I try not to let it effect me since I'm the one that fucked up, but it still hurt.

"Are you hungry or something" Brittany asked she gave me a puppy dog look like she wanted me to stay longer I shook my head no I had to get back to the twins before Kerri gets worried that something happen to me. She poked her lips out and her face dropped unhappy with my answer.

"No I have to get back to the twins"I said

Brittany perked up "if you want I could baby sit then sometimes" she offered

I giggled and shook my head "no that's not necessary" Kerri would have a fit if I let someone else watch them especially someone related to Kristen. I know she try to be civilize when Kristen drop off the boys, but I can tell all of us in the same room together is uncomfortable for her.

I walk towards Brittany's door as she opened it for me "make sure you put ice on your forehead" I told her referring to the lump forming on her temple.

She nodded wiping the blood away "I'll see you tomorrow"

She better not be lying about owing these men 50 thousand dollars I thought to myself partially why I agreed to go with her she wasn't going to rip me off, but if it's true I have to take the responsibility of putting her in that situation by leading her own and letting her blackmail me which was why Kristen kicked her out the house.

Her living that life style I don't like the fact that she's degrading herself for money and having to rob someone the next person she con might not be so nice they might just kill her on sight and I'll have to live with that guilt. As much as I despise Brittany actions she still like family to me I'll always see her as a little sister and now that I have a daughter it makes me realize how much a man or a father can influence them and I'll be damned to have my daughter shaking her ass in front of me for money.

Maybe after this I'll have a talk with Brittany and try to get her a real job because I know I won't be able to sleep at night knowing she's out there making a living sliding down a pole.

"Where have you been?" Kerri questioned as soon as I step in the house she had throw up all over her light pink shirt and smelled like pee and baby milk.

I smiled "you got a little something on you shirt" I giggled at her making her frown up her face "well your son thought it would be funny to pee on me and little miss Sierra threw up on me before I could put the cloth on my shoulder to burp her." Kerri sighed and looked as if she was about to cry. "I can't do this I feel like I'm doing everything wrong" Kerri cried.

I pulled her in for a hug and rubbed the small of her back "your the best mother they could ever have and your doing just fine children don't come with instructions you just have to sorta go with the flow in raising them and your doing an amazing job" i commended her.

She pulled away from and smiled "thank you" she said coming back hug me again turning her face to mines and pecking me on the lips. I took a step back I know this route and I couldn't afford to go there she understandingly looked at me "I'm sorry I shouldn't had" she said looking at the floor.

"It's ok" I said reassuring her "I'm going to check on the kids" I didn't wait for her response before I left the room I just hope now things will not be Awkward between us.