Chapter 13

Daquan:

Sierra high pitch cry startled me as soon as I walked in the door. Where was Kerri at I thought to myself. "Your kids are beautiful" Kristen said looking carefully at Sierra "can I?" she asked offering to pick her up. I nodded and went to search for Kerri. I checked upstairs in her bedroom then the bathroom that's odd where else could she be.

I went back down stairs "she's not up there" I told Kristen

Kristen scrunched her face up "where else could she be?"

I shrugged my shoulders even I couldn't answer that. Sierra started to whimper again "I'm going to make them a bottle" I walked in the kitchen and the first thing to catch my eye was a note. "Kristen" I called out as I picked it up.

Kristen came in the kitchen with Sierra and Lucas one on each hip. "she left a note" I paused to read it.

"Daquan I'm sorry, but I have to leave. The twins are just to much I can't handle them anymore. Dont bother looking for me I just need time to myself right now"

"Fuck" I yelled causing Kristen to jump her eyes looked at me filled with questions, but she didn't asked. "How the fuck could she do this to them. What kind of mother would just run off and leave her children" I yelled in frustration.

"Maybe she did what she thought was best, some women just don't have it in then to raise a child, two of them at the same time might be to much to handle" Kristen said.

"Fuck what she can't handle, so now it's up to me to raise two babies I barely even know what I'm doing" I sighed throwing the letter down "how could anyone be so selfish"

"Your not alone in this Quan you got me" Kristen said reassuringly. She shifted her weight to support the twins. I took Lucas out her arms and kissed his forehead. "After time to herself she better not even think of coming back into their lives. Kristen didn't say anything, but I knew she didn't agree with me. It's so crazy how today just escalated first I took Kristen out to breakfast we agree to try and work on our marriage. We took vows for better or for worse. Sometimes the worse might come before the better we just got to get through that. Feels like everything is trying to tear us apart I just hope our love can withstand another storm that I can feel brewing.

It's been two days since Kerri left and Kristen has practically moved in to help. It feels good seeing my boys and her every day again. I couldn't help the nagging feeling that something about Kerri leaving wasn't right. It felt rushed. She never showed any sign of depression. Her and her phone was still here none of her clothes were touched. So did she just leave with the clothes on her back to start a new life elsewhere?

"Stop thinking so hard your going to give yourself aneurysm" Kristen said jokingly and kissed my forehead.

"I still just don't get it why would she not take anything" I said. Kristen shrugged "maybe it wasn't planned, maybe she was scared there's a lot of maybes Daquan you can't fault her if she was overwhelmed. And I'm not saying she was wrong or right, but I'm a mother to I know how it feel to have to twin babies. there was times I wanted to runaway or just put headphones in to tune out their cries"

"But you didn't" I interrupted.

"No, but you never know what was going through her mind maybe it's more to the reason why she left. Kristen said.

I sighed I don't give a damn why she left I just know she better not come the hell back I thought to myself.