jungwoo's hometown

chaos was nervous about meeting his boyfriends parents, especially considering he was the first of jungwoo's boyfriends to be brought home. jungwoo sensed his nervousness and held his hand, rubbing it with his thumb. "they're going to love you." jungwoo said softly, giving his hand a light squeeze. chaos nodded and continued to look out the window, no matter how much the shorter at reassured him, he was still nervous. the car stopped and chaos looked up, they were in front of a modest home, bigger than the dorm he currently lived in, but smaller than the home he grew up in. chaos let out a long sigh that made his boyfriend chuckle before stepping out of the car. the two had gotten their suitcases out and before they could even reach the door jungwoo's mother busted out of the front door with a huge smile on her face. chaos looked up and watched a big smile form on his boyfriend's face. chaos then drove his attention to the women coming towards them. he assumed she would hug jungwoo, but she walked right past him and caught both chaos and jungwoo by surprise when she hugged chaos tightly. chaos couldn't move as he had been carrying his personal lugged and simply looked at jungwoo with a look that read 'what do i do?'.

"mom, you have two days to talk to chaos." jungwoo spoke up, and like magic his mom stopped hugging him.

chaos and jungwoo spent the rest of the day talking with his parents. they had a nice meal together and at the end of the day jungwoo and chaos went into the older's old bedroom. he was simplistic and minimalist, a complete 180 from how chaos' bedroom looked.

"my parents love you." jungwoo said, closing his bedroom door behind him as chaos turned to look at him. "you sure?" chaos asked, he might have been showing it but he was nervous.

"i'm sure," jungwoo started with a soft smile. he approached the younger boy and out his hands in his shoulder. "i know my parents love you babe, trust me."

"i trust you." 

the reply made jungwoo smile, it was first time chaos had said the words 'i trust you', even if he implied it beforehand by his actions, it was refreshing to hear him say it. jungwoo moved his hands from on his shoulder to cup his face and kiss him gently. he felt chaos poking at his waist, knowing what it meant. chaos was embarrassed to ask for physical affection so what he did was make small gestures of give jungwoo a look that let him know what he wanted. jungwoo found it cute and the tapping on the waist meant the younger wanted a hug but didn't want to say it. 

jungwoo pulled the younger into a hug; he felt chaos slowly wrap his arms around his waist and cuddle more into his neck. if any of the seventeen members or any one who knew chaos really saw the scene their jaws would drop, but this chaos was jungwoo's normal, and he loved how open the latter was with him, even if they had a lot of work to do.

"let's lay down or i'm going to fall asleep standing up." jungwoo spoke, his words muffled by chaos' shoulder.

the two broke away and lied down on the bed, they both went on their phones for a while, showing each other random stupid videos, and jungwoo had noticed that chaos really enjoyed watching fan edits of him and even created a separate account on twitter and tiktok to stalk fans and watch the video. "when i was little my mom told me girls had cooties... maybe that's why i'm gay." 

"i don't think that's how it works." jungwoo jokingly responded. "you're right, probably the trauma my ex caused me." chaos shrugged, looking back at his phone.

jungwoo looked at chaos and sighed, shaking his head. chaos' jokes about his past relationship with his ex-girlfriend was something jungwoo toke notice of when he started hanging out with chaos and mark. it seemed like his way of coping, and mark would either laugh along with it so he wouldn't make him feel uncomfortable or scold him for saying it in a public or inappropriate setting. jungwoo knew the younger clearly didn't want to say what really happened and when jungwoo asked chaos would simply respond with "it's a conversation for another day." so jungwoo didn't push it. he always wondered and he wondered why chaos made jokes about his past break-up but never name dropped her. sure, she was a popular idol herself, and everyone knew who his ex girlfriend was, but he never spoke her name, and jungwoo wasn't sure if he hated her so much he didn't even want to mention her name or if it was something else. and while mark simply laughed off the jokes to make his friend feel better, jungwoo didn't like them so he kept quiet, and didn't dare tell him to stop making the jokes, because he understood they were his way of venting without actually venting out.

jungwoo turned his phone all the way off and placed it on his nightstand, "can i use your phone?" jungwoo asks, turning his head to face the other. "use your own phone, i'm using it."

"but my phone just died." jungwoo lied right through his teeth. chaos looked at his boyfriend and the pout on his face. chaos rolled his eyes and sighed, "fine, i'm going to work a little bit on the laptop" he handed the phone to his boyfriend and stood up, stretching his back. "what's the password?" jungwoo asked, turning the phone to show chaos the locked lock-screen of their best friend mark lee. "your birthday."

"aww!" jungwoo cooed and chaos rolled his eyes, pulling his laptop out of one of his bags. "can i use this?" chaos asked, pointing to jungwoo's old desk. jungwoo hummed in response and watched as the younger made himself some space on jungwoos desk so he could do some producing. 

jungwoo then turned his attention to the later's phone, first he just went to the boys camera roll to take pictures while he wasn't looking. then, he went to all of his pictures and ended up scrolling through them. it was surprisingly unorganized, full of random screenshots and blurry pictures the younger could have easily deleted but didn't. he found lots of pictures of mark, yeonjun, changbin, and his members, along with his siblings and his old school friends. then curiosity took over and he went into the younger's deleted picture. he found normal things like more screenshots and blurry photos, some pictures of food and oddly enough a couple pictures of random frogs, nothing too interesting. 

for a little bit he messed around with his phone, going onto weverse and instagram just to see what chaos' fans were up to, evening taking it as far to post a photo he had taken just a few minutes ago on chaos' private account. he made sure to caption it with as little suspicion as he could, because while only people chaos knew personally followed his private account, that wasn't going to stop certain old friends and idols from outing the boys if jungwoo had captioned it with something along the lines of them being boyfriends.

then jungwoo froze when his finger hovered over the message icon, he originally took the boys phone to see if he could find out anything about his ex, but when he looked over to see his boyfriend concentrating hard on his craft and then looking back at the phone he felt guilty. he felt guilty that chaos fully trusted him with his phone despite jungwoo only wanting to use it for ill intentions. jungwoo sighed and decided to just message mark something stupid. he clicked on the icon and it immediately brought up a conversation between chaos and yeonjun, they were only talking about choreography so jungwoo exited and tried to find mark's name. he didn't realize how many contact the younger boy had so he decided to search for mark's name instead. the first message was not something he intended to come across but something that caught his eye and he couldnt help but read.

2017

ex: did you tell mark?

chaos: ofc not

ex: okay then so you're not telling anybody?

chaos: exactly

chaos: did you tell anybody?

ex: no

chaos: let's keep it that way

jungwoo wanted to know more, but he remembered the trust the younger had in him and he sighed before swiping away all the apps and turned off the phone. jungwoo got up and walked towards the younger. chaos looked up from the screen and looked at him with a questioning face. "we should go to sleep so we're rested for tomorrow." jungwoo smiled softly, handing the phone back to the younger. "i'm almost done with this part and then i'll head to bed." chaos said softly. "okay... don't stay up too long." jungwoo comments before kissing his forehead and skipping off to the bed. 

jungwoo doesn't last long before he's softly snoring and chaos closes his laptop. he sits back in the chair and silently watched the older. he knows jungwoo's phone wasn't dead, and he knows exactly what he was doing while he had it, his phone is connected to his laptop, chaos had seen everything, and he understood why too. he wasn't mad or even slightly distrusted, if jungwoo had the same baggage chaos did he probably would've gone through his phone, and bedroom, a lot earlier. while he isn't ready to tell jungwoo the whole story yet, hell he only told mark the full last year, chaos is ready to tell him piece by piece until he's ready.

anyone have any ideas on where i might be going with this?

i dont wanna talk about how this chapter was almost 600 more words than the essay i wrote for fun