CHAPTER THREE

Shai Louis

                I stared out at the view from the window of my room, in such awe as the evening began to take over the sky. This island was so beautiful, I could slap myself for taking so long to actually come out here. From the blue sea, to the flawless beach and not to mention the temperature that was to die for; I was in paradise, literally.

The thought of only being here for two weeks made me want to cry. I know it was only day one but with the place being as beautiful as this; I was sure that I was going to need more time, it was guaranteed. I could just feel it in my bones.

The villa alone had tons of activities in line for us, from what I saw on the itinerary. Zuri had told us a bit, but seeing it on paper was a whole other story. Of course, she had set most of the fun for tomorrow and onward being as she wanted to wait for the boys to come down; which was understandable but I just couldn't wait to get out there and have fun. I needed to have fun after everything, with the alcohol in my system I was ready to finally let loose and just breathe!

I needed this, more than I knew I did. The moment I got here it hit me, the feeling that this trip would be more than what I assumed it would be. This trip would be one for the books.

"Aren't you glad I brought extra clothes, now?" Kira sang while skipping into my room, holding up clothes in her arms. "These are brand new, I brought options so you can choose freely."

"Thank you so much, babe."

"Don't mention it, I knew overpacking would come in handy and I'm glad I was able to show you that it did as well!" she winked while placing them onto my bed. "Whenever you're ready meet us by the pool. Our lunch is ready!"

"I could smell it from up here." I rubbed my hands together and smiled. "I'm going to take a quick shower and join you guys in a few."

"Perfect, love you boo."

"Love you more!" I waved, waiting for her to leave. Once the door was shut, I shifted through the pile of clothes. I kept it simple, opting for a white tank and some blue denim shorts that I was sure would make my butt look as good as it possibly could.

I threw brough the clothes along with my towel and phone into the bathroom with me and made sure the door was shut before I rested my back against it. I put everything against the counter and opened up my phone so I could call Ray over facetime audio just to let him know that we landed safe and sound.

The phone rang for a while before he finally picked up. "Hey, how did everything go?" he asked, sounding much cheerful than he was this morning.

"Everything went well... I was just calling to let you know that we made it safely to the villa."

"I'm happy to hear, I was just here thinking about you. It's funny that you called right on time."

I sucked my teeth, "thinking about how badly you hit me this morning?" I walked over to the mirror, leaning over to get a good look. "Kira was able to notice, even under the makeup." Luckily, most of the swelling had gone down.

"I'm sorry babe, I really didn't mean to. My emotions unfortunately, got the best of me."

"A line I'm so used to hearing." I shook my head and turned around so that I was leaning against the bathroom counter. "How long are we going to go at it like this?"

"Shai, I think it's best we wait for you to get home so that we can talk this through. Let's put this morning behind us. Take these two weeks to relax and unwind, when you return, we will be in a much better headspace to have this conversation."