CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Shai Louis

Shai Louis

"What made you decide to do this all of a sudden?" I asked Jaxon as he drove down the dark streets, focusing quite well on the road ahead of him.

"Everything that happened in the last few hours." He smirked. "I thought about the fact that I could've really lost her and decided that I couldn't wait another minute."

"I see that." I yawned.

"I know you're tired and this is quite strange, but if I waited until morning Zuri would be sure to know."

"Oh, of course. I understand and I don't mind. I needed to get out of the house anyways, the fresh air is good for me."

"I'm sorry about everything..."

"Don't." I shook my head before gazing out my window. "Don't do the sympathy thing right now. I've heard enough of it for the night. Right now, I just need to focus on what I'm going to do when I see him. You know? I need my mind cleared up a bit from all the sadness, so I can really focus on what the best option for me would be."

"My bad, you're right. I just thought that I'd let you know that I'm here for you as always."

"I know and I'm grateful... I don't mean to be rude or anything, it's just..."

"No, I understand Shai. No need to explain. I'd probably feel the same if I were in your position."

"No." I laughed, "if you were in my position, you, Jaxon would already be on a flight to go kill his ass."

"Well, can't argue with that." he cracked up as well. "After everything, he deserves it."

"Oh, so you agree?" I glanced over at him.

"Agree that he should pay for what he did? Absolutely."

"Yeah, but you know me Jax. You know how my hearts set up. Do you think I have it in me?"

"Hmmm, I feel like you can find it in you. You have to really look at this situation for what it fully is and ask yourself; why he deserves your mercy. He's sick, twisted and conniving."

"I was in love with him."

"I know that, but there comes a point in time where you gotta love yourself more. You put Ray up on this pedestal for far too long. The one's that actually loved you have been in front of you this entire time. When you think of love; think Zuri who would take a bullet for you, Jade, Omari! Even Kira, as crazy as it sounds." I sucked my teeth, "nah, seriously Shai. I know it looks really messed up on her end but when you hear the entirety of what she had to endure. I can say that the mental impression that man has now left is all the payback she really needs. Ask yourself, if you were in that position... if your family especially was in danger; what would you have done?"

"I would've honestly, taken care of it. Whichever way I possibly could. That's one man, to a village of people that love and respect Kira. Jade said it herself and she has always said it; this is our fight, we're a unit of friends, we go through and grow through these things together. Kira never had to deal with this on her own."