CHAPTER ELEVEN

Zuri Figueroa

Zuri Figueroa

"For the last time, I am not pregnant!" I hissed, shewing away Kira's hand as they tried to force my legs up on the couch. "I was just in the heat of the moment and couldn't take it."

Jade walked into the living area with a cup of tea alongside a plate filled with salted crackers. I groaned, throwing my head back at the sight alone. "Jaxon should be back any minute now with that test." She grinned.

"Not sure what's got you cheesing like that, because all he's doing is wasting his money. I am not pregnant." I grabbed a cracker and popped it into my mouth. Jade placed them both onto the coffee table, plopping down on the seat next to me.

"Uh, Kira." Aaron cleared his throat, while walking into the living room with Omari by his side. "Do you mind if I talk to you for a minute?"

My brow raised and skin crawled, just hearing his voice made me want to jump him. I couldn't bare to look at him because it was harder to play it off than I thought. To know who this man was working for alongside having to play like I didn't; was a brutal task. The way my loyalty was set up, I knew that faking the funk wouldn't last long so this right here had to be handled and it needed to be handled fast!

"Yeah for sure." Kira rose from her seat and rubbed my shoulder. "I'll be right back."

"Yeah, yeah... make sure." I mumbled, before reaching forward to grab another cracker.

Kira hesitantly walked off and out of the corner of my eyes I observed until they had made it out the front door. The moment it shut I looked over at Omari who took a seat across from us. With the windows being so big and open I was able to see Kira and Aaron out front, which did put my mind somewhat at ease.

"So..." Jade broke the silence and said, "how did Kingston take it?"

Omari shrugged, "as expected, he struck me as a real ass nigga from the jump so I wasn't shocked by the fact that he understood."

"Did you explain to him why I had to do that in front of everyone?" I asked.

"Yes, I told him that it was the only way it would've worked. Shai would've had a million and one questions if you had stepped aside to talk to him, so would Jaxon. Not to mention the fact that her being upset with you was the only way she would've left willingly. If we had pushed for her to spend more time with him, she would've been suspicious."

"And it's exactly what we needed to happen in order to get the gears turning. Aaron went MIA to take some kind of phone call after she left." Jade mentioned. "And we all know who that call was made out to."

"Ugh." I rubbed my temple. "After this, I really hope she forgives me because the amount of pressure I put my body through trying to play that role." I shook my head and placed my hand against my chest, "this is why I could never be an actress; got people thinking I'm pregnant and shit when the whole time my ass was having an anxiety attack."