CHAPTER TWELVE

Shai Louis

Shai Louis

Gosh, am I an idiot or what?

Looking down from the window of my bedroom I watched as Oshane and Kingston made their way back onto the property, coming from their usual morning run. The sight of the sweat glistening off of Kingston's body as he placed both hands on his hips trying to catch his breath made my mouth water, I wasn't much of the lustful type but with him being as fine as he was; how could I not? I swear, the things I would do to that man... if and only if I wasn't such an idiot.

Kingston glanced up towards my window and I quickly moved out of the frame, hurrying back over to where I had been making my bed.

Today marked three whole days since the whole ordeal with Zuri, I had spoken to Kira along with Jade here and there letting them know that I was okay but in reality, I was in no rush to return as yet. I was grateful for the Hines family because they did a great job of keeping my mind off of things. That same night as promised Kingston brought me to an amazing dinner on the beach with Tosh and Sabari, everything made relaxing so easy. The next day we went to Dunn's River Falls with his entire family, complimenting the day with some good food at this place Tosh discovered called Judith's, that night we went to this live steel pan performance which I loved beyond measure.

The following day, his mother, Sabari, Tiffany and I started our mornings with pedicures and brunch, we also went to a lagoon tour before coming home to dinner. We ended last night off going to a lowkey sound clash which I also enjoyed more than I had expected.

Today, things were a bit up in the air which I didn't mind because at this point in time I was down for whatever. I was having fun, enjoying my trip just as I had planned. Being out and about really did the trick of keeping the stress away for the most part. The only thing I was starting to regret was the fact that Kingston was respecting my wishes and actually giving me my space.

I know, it sounded stupid as hell but I never expected to miss someone as much as I did him. We had JUST met, yet the entire time I ignore the fact that his distance bothered me. It wasn't that he started treating me differently because I doubt Kingston had it in him to not be a gentleman, he was still very great and an amazing host... but, I could tell the difference. While we went on our excursions, I was mainly around either Tiffany or Tosh; Kingston and I would share brief conversations but nothing as deep as we had been the days before.

It was what I asked for so I couldn't really complain. I knew that it wasn't fair for me to be stringing him along with my feelings all over the place because Kingston really was such a sweetheart. On paper he was everything that I probably needed and so much more. But once again, my dumb ass was here struggling to let the man I loved back home; go.

I picked up my phone from the night stand and began to pace around the room just a beat, patting it against the palm of my hand as thoughts began to circle around in my head.