CHAPTER TEN

Shai Louis

Shai Louis

Right off the bat, I can say that I might love Kingston's family more than I like him and I can say it with my entire heart and soul to back it up. I mean, they were amazing. I loved how down to earth and wholesome his mother was, I loved how caring and humorous his dad seemed, his brothers were polar opposites yet the perfect balance with Kingston in the middle.

Tosh was so educated on the world alongside spirituality, I felt as if I could listen to him and his wife speak for hours and not get tired. I had seen the topics they were interested in; on my twitter time like every now and again, but the way they brought everything to life made it even more intriguing. By the end of a simple little introductory conversation, I had left with a list of books that they told me to read alongside one of the many Jade bracelets that Sabari wore on her arm. The interaction as a whole was so enlightening and warm.

Marley was very fun, eccentric and loud! He was the man's man of the family and you could sense it right off the bat. Marley was a great laughing buddy and I admired him for understanding all of my meme references with ease. Our conversation was fluid and fun, we spoke on upcoming artist, trending music along with things within the media right now; for example, the buss it challenge and the silhouette challenge. Marley claimed to be all for the women empowerment, but we both knew that he really meant that he was enjoying the "view". I didn't blame him though because I was enjoying it just as well.

There was no denying that Tiffany was the woman for him, their love was so fun and refreshing. It was young, passionate and hard to ignore. I really did take a liking to her last night in the club, but together I liked her even more. Seeing her in that wifey role made me want to take notes.

But with that being said, the two brothers along with their wives being such different people made certain moments awkward and a bit tense. I knew it was how families got so I didn't sweat it or even make it worry me too much, but it was something I definitely couldn't ignore.

Now for the breakdown of his parents, I mean there was so much to say. His mother kept me comfortable the entire breakfast; she told me stories about herself, then spoke about her love for the country of Jamaica and how it was where she met her soulmate. I could tell that she was trying to be Kingston's wingman by the constant mention of him being single and successful, but she did it in such a cute way that I couldn't help but laugh. His mother cared deeply for him and by the way they communicated I could tell they had a super close bond. It was something I admired being as the relationship I had with my mom was far from this... Speaking with Mrs. Hines almost made me want to reach out to my mother if I was being quite honest, there was something about speaking with her that made my heart feel as if it were missing more than I played it off to be.

Kingston's father now was the person who put the icing on the cake. I did a great job of keeping it together but just as his mother; that paternal stance he held could not be ignored and made me almost miss having that father figure in my life. Although he was funny, cool and easy to talk to; he carried a demeanor that one couldn't deny was Alpha. His father was the head of the house, he kept asking me how I was doing, letting me know if I needed something to let him know and so on. Mr. Hines also saw to it that Kingston was doing the same, whether it be a nudge or a look, he made sure that Kingston stayed on his gentleman tip without a possibility of slipping. I could see right off the bat where the men in the family got their principle from because he was a great leader.