CHAPTER SIX

Ray Wentz

Ray Wentz

"I know this bitch is lying." I laughed to myself as I looked down at my phone in disbelief before trying to give her another call. Without an automated prompt or even her usual answering machine, the call ended yet again. "I know good and well that this bitch is lying! She just has to be."

I leaned back in my office chair and went ahead to opened up my Instagram app. I didn't have to search her name because she was the last person in my recents; a simple tap of her name brought me to her profile and to my surprise everything had changed. I scrolled through taking note that her entire page was wiped of every single memory of me, the fact that my initials was taken out of her bio was just icing on the cake.

                I tried my best to contain my anger, being as I was still at work. Messing this promotion up was the last thing I wanted to do especially after working so hard to get to where I was today. But, keeping it together after seeing something like this was definitely easier said than done.

I loosened my tie and cleared my throat, reaching for the glass of water that sat on my desk. I drank every last drop of it trying as hard as I could to calm myself down. I cracked my neck along with my knuckles before pushing my phone away from me and returning my attention back to the computer screen before me.

I clicked through a bunch of emails and closed off a couple of accounts, hoping that maybe it would distract me. However, out of the corner of my eye; I couldn't fight the urge. I angrily picked up my office phone and dialed the number that I knew by heart. I listened as it rung, making me more upset as if that were even possible at this very moment.

"Hi, you've reached Shai-Anna Louis. I am sorry that I am unable to come to the phone right now, if you leave a detailed message along with your name and number, I will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible! Cheers!"

My jaw clenched as the beep tone came through and I looked up through my office door that I always left open a tad. I wanted to come off as the manager who was available to talk whenever, so I practiced the habit of never closing it unless I was in a meeting. Times like this however; it was a risk.

Thankfully, everyone seemed to be focused on their own work for once. "Shai-Anna..." I said lowly through gritted teeth, "Baby girl, you know better than that. You and I both know that you know better than that. I understand, you didn't leave on the greatest terms with me but as I said earlier... I need for us to talk this out. It's not an option, I'm telling you. I'm not giving up on us, not this easily. So, when you stop listening to those dumb ass friends of yours who told you to block my number and get some kind of free time... call me back!" I slammed the phone back down and huffed out a sigh.

"I swear to God." I mumbled, typing away at an email. "I don't understand why this bitch had to make my life harder than it had to be."

"Mr. Wentz!" my secretary said over the intercom, causing me to instantly roll my eyes.