CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Zuri Figueroa

Zuri Figueroa

"As far as I'm concerned, I'd like to say everything seems alright. If the injury was only done on your arm there shouldn't be any issues. Being as I don't have any actual medical equipment out here though; I would suggest you try and get to a clinic in the morning. It's better to be safe than to be sorry." Kingston tightened the make-shift arm sling and I grimaced with pain. It wasn't as bad as him having to pop my arm back into place but it still definitely hurt like hell.

"And for you..." Kingston brushed his hands off on his jeans and pointed towards Kira, "you have to keep that ice on there because without it you're going to be in a great deal of pain. That nose of yours is for sure broken and the pain you're feeling from the abdominal blows could be worse that they seem. Oshane should be here any minute now to take you to the hospital."

"Talk about perfect timing, huh?" Jaxon directed towards Kingston before glaring in my direction. "All of this could've easily been avoided if I had known..."

I rubbed my shoulder before hopping down from the bathroom counter. As pissed as I knew he was, there was only so much that I could do. I explained the situation, I apologized for not being transparent... there was really only so much that I could do.

"You don't get to do that!" he said, making an attempt to stop me before I could step out from the bathroom.

"Do what, Jaxon?"

"You don't get to be upset. This isn't your time."

"I don't know what else it is that you want me to say. I told you the story... I wasn't able to tell you. You saw how hard the process of keeping quiet was for me already."

"The moment you realized you were pregnant, should've been the moment you told me. You had a danger living under the same roof as the people we care for most, and you decided to shut your mouth and not tell the one person who you knew could protect you!"

"I had no choice, Jaxon."

"Can you imagine if I hadn't heard that last scream? This whole scene could've been so different from what it is right now! The two of you could've d-." he took a moment and caught his breath. "Zuri, you should've known better. This is not something you keep from me."

"Like I said, I had no choice. I do apologize from the bottom of my heart... I didn't mean for it to hurt you and yes, I saw the risk but I was going with the plan. I thought we had it all figured out but clearly, I was wrong."

"Clearly." He nodded.

"Once again... I am sorry Jax, but I do have someone else that I need to speak to right now..."

He sighed before chewing on the inside of his lip as he turned away. "So, Kingston... mind letting me in on this plan of yours?" he asked.

I wandered into the hallway, still trying my best to walk as carefully as possible. I could feel any time of movement right where my injury was so slow and steady would have to do, that was until I got to the clinic for some meds in the morning.