3| Way Back Home

Published on 18th February 2021.
_________________________

Vote, comment, share, follow...

Happy reading.....

– D H R U V –

– D H R U V –

Coming back from States after the camp and giving tons of lectures, I walked out of the airport and took a cab for the way.

On the way I got a call from hospital. "Hmm..."

"Dr Dhruv, we need you here. The heart patient is in emergency."

"I'm coming." I said before cutting the call and told the driver to change ways. Saving a patient's life is more important than relaxing at your home.

Sometimes life is really unpredictable. You don't know where it would take you in future. Some lose their life willingly while most of them lose themselves unwillingly.

In most of the situations, people don't even have a choice to gain their life back.

And those who have their life in their hands, take it for granted.

Reaching the hospital, I walked inside while the staff took care of my luggage. Washing my hands, I wore the necessities and went inside the operation theatre.

As the operation came to it's end, I walked out and took off all of my mask and scrub. Hearing someone clearing his throat, I turned back and saw Vikas looking weirdly at me. "What?"

"What what? It took you a lot of time to be back."

"I know. They extended my lectures."

"Ofcourse Mr professor. How was the surgery?"

"Successful."

"That's your usual answer. Nevermind. I heard that a new doctor shifted here. And she's hot."

He knows nothing but women.

He and his craze for female homosapiens!

"So? Should I heat up my tea?"

"You're really.... unimaginable. Do whatever you want to. I have my patients waiting for me." He said and left to his cabin. As all the work for now ended and I was feeling tired due to jetlag, I walked towards the reception to ask for my luggage.

"Sir, it's shifted in your room." He said and I nodded. I was about to walk towards the elevator but stopped when I saw Divya pacing towards me.

And I knew that I'm gone.

I told Divya and mumma that I would return in two months.

But it took me four months!