32| How Long

Published on 30th August 2022.
__________________________

So, here we are, finally.
Okay, now I feel that I can resume writing. In past months, I literally became blank whenever I opened this draft. You call it— writer's block.
Nevermind, let's start.

Don't forget to shower the chapter with your precious comments. ❤️

– D H R U V –

– D H R U V –

"Thanks a lot sir."

"It's okay. If you don't want to go there, we can ask someone else." He smiled and I shook my head to thank him again. As I entered my room, my gaze went towards Vikas who sat on my table with an half-eaten apple in his hand. He smiled when he saw me and I walked to my chair to sit.

"All set?" He asked and I raised my brows.

"What?"

"You didn't want to leave for States for the workshop. Is the matter resolved?"

"Yeah, I had to ask him a lot and he agreed at last."

The past month was hectic, filled with surgeries and lectures. I didn't want to attend a workshop at this point of time in my life when I got little time for myself. I wanted to keep some time separate for my family and loved ones.

Work was my priority all my life and this time, I wanted to give my attention to my personal life.

"Great." He washed his hand after finishing the apple and sat opposite to me after drying them. When I saw him rubbing his hands to get some heat, I turned the room heater on. "You're a great friend. I think, we're soulmates." I rolled my eyes and pressed the switch lightly to turn it off. "Hey, don't."

"We. Are. Not. Soulmates. Repeat after me."

"We're not soulmates. Fine?"

"Yes, great."

"Did you hear about sister-in-law-" I glared and he mumbled sorry, "I mean, miss superstar. Did you hear the latest news about her?"

Sister-in-law sounded good but it was not the time for it.

"No, what happened?"

"You are talking to her daily, aren't you?"

I tried but couldn't.

Our schedules were tightly packed and we had no time to talk to each other properly. It was just a normal hi or hello, nothing more. Whenever I got free, I wanted to call her out but decided against it. Ofcourse, I didn't want to disturb her sleep at an ungodly hour at midnight.