31| No Drama Awaiting

Published on 21st April 2022.
___________________________

It's been a long time.
Like a pretty good long time.
But here we go again......

Mountain or ocean?

Vote, comment, share, follow...
Happy reading.

– N A T A S H A –

– N A T A S H A –

"Will you marry me?" The love of my life kneeled down on his left knee and it took me barely a second to answer him back in yes. We were on the top floor of the tallest skyscraper. As I saw the firecrackers in night sky, I jumped over him, wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in a slow kiss.

This was the perfect life I wanted.

"I love you." I mumbled on his lips and he smiled.

"I lo-"

Buzz... Buzz....

I saw him fading away and frowned when I couldn't hold him anymore. When I tried to catch hold of him, my hand moved past him as he disappeared in thin air. Instead, my skin touched a soft and smooth surface which compelled me to look ahead.

My eyelids crawled upwards and I saw what I had been doing.

I was dreaming!

For God's sake, Dhruv was going to say something important. He just proposed me for marriage, even if it was in dreams. He was about to say the L-word to me. Why did my dream break?

I remember what happened yesterday. I was in Divya's wedding and Dhruv asked me to be his girlfriend. We kissed. Then, we went to the registrar for dadu and dadi's marriage. At night, I talked to Dhruv. A really nice talk.

Was it all real?

Ofcourse.

I mean, I pinched myself and took everyone's teasing too. There was no chance for last day to be a dream. I still can't believe that he was ready to give us a try. He was the exact opposite four months ago, when he gave me a straight no.

I know, this ride with him was gonna be amazing!

Ring... Ring....

My phone successfully snatched my attention from the dreamy topic and made me look at it. This was what broke my sweet dream! When my gaze went towards the screen, I felt the bed beneath me sliding. My phone fumbled in my hands as I struggled to pick the call.

How could I miss the previous call from him?

Dhruv was calling me for the second time, as I was busy dreaming stuff about him the first time. "Hello."

"Hey. You were sleeping?"

"No. I'm wide awake. I just came back from gym."

Yeah, a gym where my mind played games with me!