29| Unexpected Surprise

Published on 10th January 2022.
_____________________________

Back to home and booked my jab for 14th. Let's hope everything goes well, without fevers and body cramps my friends went through.

Don't forget to vote, comment, share, follow...
Happy reading.

– N A T A S H A –

– N A T A S H A –

Today is Divya's mehndi and only females were allowed inside. I walked around while gazing the decorations and saw Divya sitting beside the designer in a sleepy mood, as her arms stretched out at her mercy.

I sat beside her and greeted her, "Divya."

"Hmm... How was your date?" She asked and I stiffened at my place.

How the hell does she know?

"What date? Which date?"

"Evening date with my brother."

"I didn't go on a date with him yesterday." I seriously didn't! I mean I did go but it was nothing like a date. I spoke in a hurry and regretted later. Shit!

"See, you yourself are telling about your date. I never said about the day."

"Did he tell you?" I asked. If it's not me, then it must be him. That cheating doctor!

"No."

"Then? I never told you. Does anyone else know about it?"

"Actually, I was passing around when I saw you and him together. He asked you for a dinner." She said and I could do nothing but look at her with shock. "I mean I just heard about your date. Nothing more nothing less." I sighed as I heard her speak more. "By the way, how was your date?"

"Alright."

"Wasn't it good?"

"Do you think? I seriously don't have a heart to listen to his no. I know he doesn't like me. Even if he likes me, it would be either out of pity or out of impulse." I sighed. "It could never be love."

It was good that Ashima called me. Although it wasn't a good thing to fake accidents, she did good to me. I had no guts to listen to Dhruv's big fat rejection.

"What name should I write here?" The mehndi designer asked me.

"Wait! I don't want to apply this on my hands."

"Why?" She asked.

"Because after few days, it would make our hands rough." Divya interrupted in between, snatching the exact words from my mouth and I nodded. "But then I have to apply it because it's my wedding."

"But it looks good." Diya said while coming towards us.

"But there's a difference between looking good and feeling good." Said Divya.