44 - truth or dare

CW: mild assault, mature content, smut and rough sex

-

He'd stayed with her that night.

Athena had fallen asleep in the comfort of his arms, her head rest against his torso, hearing no other sound but his steady breathing. He had caressed her hair while she fell into her slumber, and it happened rather quickly.

She slept soundlessly. No nightmares infiltrated her mind for the first time in a while. It was peaceful and silent. The best rest she had gotten in months.

But when she awoke, he was gone.

His absence did not bother her too much. She scanned the room and noticed that on the bedside table, there rested her wand. She felt a wave of relief wash through her, glad that he had stuck to his word. She decided it was probably best not to ask how he had retrieved it from Snape, leaving the unknown at bay.

Her eyes widened to the surprise of seeing what lay beside the wand. It was the ring box, the one she had returned a few days ago. Feeling a slight discomfort, she left it alone but lifted her wand.

She discovered his cloak and tie had vanished from the coat stand, only her own cloak remaining. She sighed with minor frustration. Must he always leave? It only made her more curious to what it was he spent hours of the day doing.

Athena wondered what time it was. She walked about his room, looking for a clock. But there were none. How odd. Nearly every room in Hogwarts possessed a clock. It was so bare in there. Empty.

She went into his bathroom, rinsed her mouth out with a portion of the spearmint mouthwash she had found, in order to get rid of the taste of sleep that clung to her.

After attempting to fix up her appearance, she went to leave his dormitory, shoving her wand into the inside pocket of her cloak.

But before she could even touch the door, it was forced open from the other side.

Draco nearly fell on top of her as he strolled in through the doorway. She crashed into his chest and would have fallen over if he hadn't grabbed her beforehand. His hands grasped just below both of her shoulders in a cautious manner.

An infusion of fern tree combined with his signature mahogany scented cologne wafted towards her. He was clad in all black, his default clothing option, and looked particularly pristine, just as he always managed to. His white blonde hair fell over his head in an oddly dishevelled yet kept way, contrasting the night shade of his suit; both emphasising the paleness of his skin.

She tore herself out of his grip and stumbled backwards, feeling slightly flustered. His head was tilted downwards, peering up at her through swooping eyes.

"Going somewhere?" he asked, a smirk pulling at the corners of his mouth.

"Yes, I have things to do today, none of which involve staying in your bed," she smirked, edging towards the door once he had moved past her, further into his room.

"Shame," he frowned, sarcastically. "Will I be seeing you later?"

"Later?"

"The Astronomy Tower," he stated, bluntly.

"I'll think about it," she smirked up at him, leaving him to question her motives.

He nodded with an eye roll before swivelling on his step. She lingered by the door for a moment, just staring, before pulling herself together and exiting the confines of his room.

"Greene," he called in a sharp tone.

She snapped her head back before she turned her body, nearly giving herself whiplash.