Valentines day future: Part one

So this chapter is set with Kyle being in his first year of sixth form so we'll say he's just turned seventeen and Marcus is in year 11 so he'll be sixteen. Sorry about all these time jumps I just really wanted to do this part for an extremely late valentines thing (it was supposed to be sooner-- or in February but I've had a bunch of stuff happening). I hope you enjoy.

Kyle POV
Today's Valentine's Day and to say I was nervous would be an understatement. It's the first Valentine's Day I have with someone I love and I don't want to ruin that for him, being with Marcus has changed everything. I'd never thought it physically possible that I could love someone wholeheartedly with all of my being. Today I'm going to show him just how I feel.

Although today is a school day so I've been plotting what we can do today without  him knowing. It hasn't come without sacrifice, for over a week we haven't had proper alone time because everything for today is in my bedroom. Not that I hate making out on the sofa it just gets awkward the few too many times your parents walk in. Looking in the mirror I quickly check that my hair is okay then make sure I'm wearing one of my nicer suits. One plus about going to sixth form is that I don't need to wear that godawful school uniform again.

Going downstairs I see the most horrible sight in existence, my parents being all lovey dovely. My mum is gushing over the chocolate and roses she got from my dad thanking him with a long and quite unconfutable to watch kiss.

"Ahh my eyes!" I hiss in exclamation pulling a discussed face.

They pull away with my dad rolling his eyes at my comment, "I'd say that's karma for all the times we've walked in on you and Marcus."

Heat rises to my cheeks, this is so awkward. Coughing out of discomfort I turn round making myself a glass of water. They've been great about Marcus and I, honestly I couldn't imagine having any better parents. Last year at my first pride they showed up out of the blue wearing those hug t-shirts for people who's parents aren't supportive. I will admit at first they were slightly awkward about everything but after a little while the slight tension all went away. This past year they've also gotten to know Marcus really well and treat him like a second son. My mum keeps on gushing to me about how she thinks his the one but I have to keep reminding her that I'm only seventeen and he's sixteen so she might be jumping the gun a little. Despite being young I can't imagine my life without him although I am trying to make the most of our time together before I have to start thinking more about uni. 

"Oh you're embarrassing the boy stop!" Mum says playfully slapping my dad on the arm. "So, will you finally tell us what you're doing for valentines day?"

I've kind of been keeping it a secret, even from my parents. With my parents going away for some fancy hotel tonight I've been planning on making Marcus a romantic dinner. Turning back around I take a long sip of water enjoying my parents impatient stares.

"I've been planning on making him a dinner," I state.

"Oh that's lovey," mum gushes.

"That doesn't explain why Marcus couldn't go in your room this whole week," Dad says with a smirk and a wink.

I roll my eyes at him in retort, "So, he's always seen Valentine's as a tacky day—which is it and that's why he should love it. Growing up his parents weren't very loving towards each other so he never really saw Valentine's as a happy day whereas you both are sickeningly in love so I've always wanted to celebrate it with my partner. To cut to the chase the reason he couldn't be in my room all week was because I was collecting tacky Valentine's stuff so he could see and find the humour in Valentine's as well as hopefully falling in love with it."

"I'm sure he'll love it! I mean after all he's got the best boyfriend in the world how couldn't he love Valentine's?" Mum says with a smile.

"I hope it all goes well, it sounds like you've put a lot of effort it," he chuckles, "Oh and use protection".