Chapter two-School

Kyle's POV

I walk into school with my girlfriend Blair next to me. My arm is wrapped around her waist as we make our way over to our friends.

"Hey," I greet them.

"Hey, have you heard of Marcus Grey?" One is the girls—Rose I think—asks.

My heart instantly flutters as I hear his name. Of course, I know who he is, he's a bit shorter than me with slightly golden brown hair and cute little dimples when he smiles; I don't say that though, they'd all think I'm gay.

"Yeah, I've heard of him," I reply nonchalantly.

"Well, some rumours are going around."

I don't like where this is going. Gossip goes around like wildfire in this school, it's best to stay out of it.

"He's apparently gay or bi or whatever," Rose carries on.

My heart feels like it's leaping through my chest. I know it's bad to like someone else while I'm with Blair but it's not like we're actually in love. We're only together because people started pressuring us. It's not that I'm not attracted to girls, I am, but I can't tell anyone that I'm pansexual. They probably wouldn't even understand what it is. So I nod in response not wanting to make a comment that will accidentally out myself.

I look over towards my girlfriend who looks suddenly anxious and uncomfortable. Letting go of her waist I turn towards my locker opening up the door I take out my needed textbook before heading to class with my friends talking about random things happening in their lives.

***

At lunchtime, I head over to my friends who are sitting at our usual table. I look over at all the people, my eyes skimming past them until I find the one I'm looking for. Marcus, he looks so broken with the heavy bags under his eyes and slightly ruffled hair poking out from under his beanie. He makes his way over to his friends instantly covering his face in a mask of smiles. My heart drops as all I want to do is go over to him and hug him to know what's the matter.

"Kyle, are you even listening to us?" Rose snaps harshly, her piercing eyes piercing into mine.

I look from her to Blair blankly.

"Sorry I was thinking," I said looking down at my tray of food.

"You should have been listening to us," Rose retorts.

What is her problem today? Usually we never even talk to each other. I roll my eyes in response. Taking my phone out of my pocket I text one of my friends who is also friends with Marcus.

Hi, do you have Marcus's number? I text hoping he does because he is his friend.

Yeah. Why?

I try to think for a possible reason why I would need his number and not sound like a stalker.

Can I have it? Not to sound weird or anything, I just need to ask him something.

Yeah okay, I guess it'll be alright.

His number appears in the next text message. Clicking on the number I add it to my contacts.

Hey, Marcus (I hope this is you and not some number my friend pranked me with) I just wanted to check that you're okay. If you ever want to chat about anything feel free to talk to me anytime. -Kyle

I send the message waiting for the response to come through. Lifting my head up I look at where Marcus was sitting, he must have left a while ago.

Getting up I leave my friends heading to class early. While I wait for his reply I need a distraction. Walking into class I sit down taking out my book and start to read ignoring the thoughts running through my mind on Marcus.

***

Walking home from school it feels like my phone is burning in my pocket. I need to check whether or not Marcus has read or replied to my message. If he hasn't it's fine, I understand that he might not want to talk to someone like me. What if he hates me? He might think I'm like the rest of the football team fake and girl obsessed.

Opening up the front door I go straight to my room fishing my phone out of my pocket. Opening up messages I see that Marcus has replied.

Yes, It's Marcus. I'm fine thanks for the offer I might take it sometime.

Seeing that he has replied makes my heart beat faster and faster. A grin washes over my face as I know I have finally made some sort of contact with him. I may one day get to be friends with him or if I'm lucky maybe more.

----

Hi, sorry this chapter is so short and took me ages to update the past few weeks have been really busy but I hope to write more soon. I hope you enjoyed.

:)