Mini chapter-TV incident

Kyle's POV
Closing the door I look round and see my mum and dad standing there with smug grins on their faces.

"You look a lot happier with him," mum states smiling at me like it was some secret.

But she's right, with him I'm a hell of a lot happier and I can't wait to see him again.

***
My parents decided to watch a film and wanted me to join in for some 'family time'. My mum finally managed to persuade my dad and me to watch Titanic which we don't watch often because my mum ends up crying so much I'm surprised the house hasn't flooded. We grab some snacks even though I don't want any because I ate too much earlier.

My dad decides to sit in the armchair so I'm left to sit next to my mum who'll no doubt need consoling after the "I'll never let go" scene. We settle down to watch the movie, with the infamous young Leonardo DiCaprio. He was one of the reasons I realized I like guys, I believe it was when I first saw him in Romeo and Juliet the 1996 version. The scene when he's climbing up the wall to see Juliet and when he came out of the swimming pool. Just thinking about it still makes my stomach flutter.

We settle into the film, I can already hear my dad munching on his popcorn. A small smile graces my lips as I see the one and only Leonardo DiCaprio. My stomach flourishes with a swarm of butterflies as I hear his smooth sensual voice.

"Wow, I forgot how good looking young Leonardo DiCaprio is. Isn't he hot?" Mum says her eyes almost glued to the screen.

"Yeah," I murmur without thinking. Suddenly I realise what I said feeling a hot blush spread across my cheeks.

"Haha! And you said you'd never talk about boys with your mum!" Mum exclaims practically screaming with glee.

Why did I decide to watch this? As we carry on watching the movie my mum and dad keep on giving me sly glances and humorous quips. My mum keeps on trying to get me to say more about him and makes a remark at me liking blondes. They are only joking making it profoundly clear that they are completely okay with my sexuality. But god please can the ground swallow me up I don't think I can take anymore embarrassment.

———

Hi, I'm so sorry I haven't been updating and that this is only a mini-chapter. I haven't been having enough time to write recently or have been having trouble putting the words down which is excruciatingly irritating but hopefully I'll be able to keep updating as soon as possible. I know there's not much substance in this chapter but I just love reading and writing different family dynamics so I hope you enjoyed!!

:)