Chapter nine-Coming out

Kyle's POV

Marcus and I have been dating a few weeks now and it's going really well. As each day that passes, I fall for Marcus even more. I've never liked someone so much. Taking a deep breath I look at myself in the mirror trying to stay calm. It's okay how hard could it be telling my mum and dad that I'm pansexual. I'm doing this for myself but also my relationship. Every time I walk through the door with a stupid grin plastered to my face my parents ask if I am with anyone. They know I'm no longer with Blair and that Blair is bisexual. I didn't really mean to tell them that but it just kind of slipped out in conversation because I'm really genuinely happy for her. This did somewhat work in my favour because they didn't seem repulsed by the fact she also likes girls. I'm just hoping the same goes for myself.

Taking out my phone I see a good luck text from my boyfriend. We'd spoken about me coming out and he thought it was a good idea but only if I am sure I want to. Although the possibility of my parents not being accepting looms over me I am 100% sure that I want to do this. I want to be able to tell them things about my relationship if they ask and who I've been hanging out with without having to stop myself from saying the word 'boyfriend'.

I reply to Marcus saying 'thx I'll need it xx', then I go to head downstairs. Taking the steps slowly I think about after this moment things could go horribly wrong or everything is normal. Maybe if I'm lucky better than normal. Getting to the bottom of the stairs I go over into the kitchen where my parents should be.

"Hey mum, hi dad," I say walking into the room.

"Hello darling, are you okay? You look a little sick," My mum fretted.

"Yes, I'm fine. Can you please...um sit down?" I question anxiously.

She nods looking nervous and proceeds to sit down next to my dad. Taking a seat across from them I feel sick to my stomach. I go to speak but my heart is beating so fast it's as if it's in my throat.

"You can tell us anything," mum says taking my hands in hers that I was squeezing so hard I didn't realise how white my fist had gone. Feeling her touch I relax slightly.

"Is this about Blair?" Dad asks averting his gaze from his coffee mug now towards me.

"No, not really, well kind of it's a long story," I admit.

"Tell us however much of it you want."

Taking a deep breath I look from my mum to my dad, "I'm pansexual."

"What's that?" Dad asks looking very confused.

Mum lets go of my hand then crosses her arms looking at me with a puzzled expression.

"It means I'm attracted to people and don't really care about what gender they want to identify with. I'm cool with whatever pronouns they want and feel attraction to the person not what they've got between their legs," I say slightly blushing.

"Oh okay," mum replies looking at me with a small smile.

I look over to my dad who starts cracking up laughing.

"What?" I ask worriedly. I hadn't expected him to burst out laughing.

He calmed himself down slightly then looked at me, "How don't you find this hilarious? Blair's bisexual then Kyle's pansexual. Oh and don't even get me started on all the talking you could've done about boys and girls."

"It gets weirder than that," I admit, "I'm dating Marcus who is Blair's girlfriend's brother."

He starts laughing even more, "This sounds like some weird plot from a movie."

Even I start to laugh a bit. It is weirdly funny that we both ended up dating a Grey sibling.

"You have a boyfriend?!" Mum states in part disbelief and part excitement.

"Yes, he's amazing and so sweet but his parents are unaccepting. Oh and the way he looks at me is adorable," I quickly shut up from rambling as I realise I've just been gushing about my boyfriend in front of my parents.

"This is great! We can talk about boys together and go to pride, It'll be fantastic," mum remarks.

"I'm not talking about boys with you," I retort with a chuckle.

"That's unfair you've spoken about girls with your dad before." Mum pulls a fake sad expression but you can tell she's trying to hide a smile.

"Yeah, when I was like twelve!" I retort trying to hide my smile, "So you're both okay with it?"

"I can't say I fully understand but I love you and will support you no matter what. I'll try to understand more and just know if anyone ever insults you or your boyfriend they'll have me to deal with," Dad admits a small grin spreading to his lips as he said the last words.

"Thanks, Dad," I say relieved that he accepts me.

"We'll support you no matter what," mum said getting up and giving me a hug.

After breakfast, I go up to my room happy that my parents are okay with my sexuality. Getting out my phone I message Marcus telling him all about what happened. Everything is great right now and I never want that to change.

Laying down on my bed I sigh as I look up at the ceiling. All that's on my mind is Marcus, I know that my parents will love him. How could they not? He's the sweetest person I've ever met. Looking at my phone I make the decision. I want Marcus to meet my parents.

———-

Hi, so for once it hasn't been nearly a month XD

I hope you enjoyed this part. I don't know how many more there will be but there will be bonus chapters. Including some Blair and Addison ones.

Anyway, that you for reading so far. I'll try to update soon.

:)