Chapter four-Crushes

Kyle's POV

I wake up by the overwhelming ringing of my alarm from my phone. Rubbing my eyes I feel around on my bedside table for it. Finding my phone and pressing a button that lit up the screen I felt like a vampire hissing at the sudden light. Groaning slight I manage to turn off the alarm and will myself out of bed.

After taking a shower I get dressed in my school uniform trying to prepare myself for the day. Taking a few deep breaths I head downstairs. My mum is in the kitchen slightly humming to herself as she packs her bag for work.

"Hey mum," I say as I walk in.

"Hey sweetie there is some cereal in the cupboard and milk in the fridge, love you," she replied quickly then gives me a kiss on the cheek before heading out of the door.

Classic mum, she always needs to go to work early and has never had time for me or my dad. My dad goes away often on business trips but when he's home she never s have time for him.

Getting my breakfast ready I grab my phone and start scrolling through Instagram. Realising that most teenagers are on social media I look up Marcus Grey.

As expected his profile pops up but is private so I need to make the decision on whether to send a request or not. Thinking that I do already have his number I could send a request with a higher chance of him accepting it. His profile is already different from people I follow, instead of him having a few hundred followers he only has a few which are probably only his friends. Taking a deep breath I take the plunge and click the little blue bar changing the follow into a request.

Checking the time I realize I should probably be heading off to school.

***

On the way to school, I walk to Blair's house because we sometimes walk together and Blair thinks that it'll be more believable that we are in a 'loving' relationship if we show up together every once in a while.

Knocking on the door I wait patiently until it opens. Her older sister Jessie is behind it.

"Are you here for Blair?" She asks getting straight to the point.

"Yes," I reply not knowing any other reason why I would be here after all Jessie knows that we are together.

***

We walk to school together making small talk but we both seem a little distracted. Marcus is all I can think about I hope he's okay. Blair and I arranged to meet up after school and hang out at one of our houses mostly to study but chat as well.

***

The lessons before lunch go on for an agonisingly long time. Who needs to know quadratic equations anyway? All I want to know is how Marcus is, I want to know what's wrong and comfort him. I want my arms wrapped around him as he complains about his problems and I listen giving reassuring murmurs at all the right moments. I want to be able to kiss him on the forehead when no words could be enough or feel right. My heart longs to look deeply at all the intricate details in his eyes. His eyes are blue but what different shades? I want to decipher all his moods so if he's feeling down I can cheer him up. I want to know all his favourite things like films to TV shows and food. I want to fall head over heels for this boy because I barely know him and already feel halfway there.

***

Finally, it gets to lunch and all I do is look around the canteen for Marcus. He must be here somewhere. Spotting him my heart almost leaps out of my chest and my breathing hitched.

He's with a few of his friends and all I want to do is go and say hi but Blair is coming towards me. She comes closer to me placing a small kiss on my lips. As she pulls away I see that Marcus saw and a look of pain or hurt crosses his face. But why, does he like me back? Image if he does it'd be like a movie. Football player and shy kid fall in love. I shouldn't get my hopes up he probably doesn't even like me like that. Why did I have to fall for a boy that will never like me back?

"Babe are you okay?" Blair asks but she seems distant from the world. My whole focus is on Marcus.

Trying to pay my attention back to her I reassure her that I'm fine. She looks at me wearily but doesn't push it.

***

After school Blair comes to my house. We sit in the living room with pens surrounding us as we highlight Shakespeare and write PEE paragraphs.

"Antonio should just say fuck everyone and their beliefs and go after Bassanio," I huff looking at the script.

"But then what would happen to Portia?" Blair asks amused by my outburst.

"Have you seen the tension between her and Nerissa? They would be perfect for each other!" I exclaim.

"True," Blair agrees.

We carry on with small talk for a little while longer. Once we've had enough of writing paragraphs we both sit on the sofa and turn on the TV.

"Hey wants wrong with you recently?" I ask feelings worried about her.

"What's been wrong with you?" She retorts.

"I asked first," I state trying to muster up a smile.

"Fine, but you won't like it," she says looking into my eyes.

"Okay go ahead," I replied.

"I've...well over the past few months I've been thinking that I might have feelings for someone else," Blair says sheepishly going a little white with worry.

I sighed a sigh of relief, "Good I thought I was the only one."

She looked at me slightly confused then smiled.

"So do you mind if I chat with this person?" She asks her emerald eyes shining with excitement.

"Can we stay together for now and just get to know the people then if we want to kiss them, for example, we tell each other so we can break up?" I question.

"Yeah okay," she agreed with a smile.

I feel more relaxed knowing that I can get to know Marcus without having to feel guilty or bad. Pulling up his contract I send him a message.

Hey Marcus would you like to meet up at the weekend?

And then I just wait for a reply.

———

Hi I hope you are all having a good new year and that you enjoyed this chapter. The next one should be up soon.

:)