you and me

i love you more than words can portray. it's like an ember of you burns inside of me trickling my nerves with unsought flames. my heart beats but with you, it pounds as if it yearns to be set free from its cage in your presence. sometimes it's light as a feather floating in the breeze; sometimes it's heavy as an ocean one hundred feet deep. a part of you encrusted inside of me, changing my moods when your feelings are laid out for my eyes to see.

as ridiculous as it sounds, seeing you happy makes me cry. perhaps i'm emotional but your glowing smile overwhelms my serotonin levels to the point of overflow. so the tears streaming my cheeks are nothing but ecstasy pouring out of me.

and when you're hurt it becomes difficult to breathe. the pain on your face like a seal on my lungs choking the air from the systems in need to function. a weight if you will jabbing into me just as deep. and god does it hurt like hell when i can't fix what is broken and have to watch you suffer in the deepest darkest parts of a raging sea.

but when things are good, we have nothing but the world at our feet. for it is you and me forever and ever until the sun dies up in the sky. for it is you and me until existence becomes debris with nothing left, not even trees. for it is you and me in the heavens above exploring dimensions in our undying love.

for it is you and me together for all of eternity.