maddness

What a warrior you were. Surpassing limits thought never to be broken, shattering shields leaving people unspoken. Until one day you splattered all my emotions leaving me cloven.

I felt the loss of you like a blade embedded into my chest as invisible ropes choked my throat. Grief seemed to poison my tongue, as bile regurgitated, and my body transformed into something lethal.

To love means to be annihilated, and you were the very toxin who rattled my world and destroyed it all. Not on purpose, but because fate was cruel and stolen you from me without so much as a warning.

The world burns in you're essence, the fire whipping right out of me, as the hurt carves out my sanity. I can't help as the madness slowly overtakes the person inside of me, because without you the monster claws to be set free.

One day I hope you'll forgive my damaging spree after all my pleas. The anguish had to be released or else there would be no peace. So please forgive me, my love, because I am a ticking time bomb that lost you, my other half which killed me more than a million degrees.

I don't like that you're now six-foot deep and now the world around me doesn't seem to notice the lock has lost its key.