ELEVEN

𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐙𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐒
↳ELEVEN; HAGRID'S

𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐙𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐒↳ELEVEN; HAGRID'S

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

"WE'VE GOT TO GO AND EXPLAIN." Hermione said as she stared at the empty seat the staff table. Hagrid no longer sat there and skipped most meals.

It was quite obvious why he was missing. His three favourite students were no longer taking his class and didn't think about telling him. He had learnt during his first lesson with Hope.

"We've got Quidditch try-outs this morning!" Ron exclaimed. "And we're supposed to be practising that Aguamenti charm for Flitwick! Anyway, explain what? How are we going to tell him we hated his stupid subject?"

At Hope's cough, he sent her a sorry look. It definitely wasn't a stupid subject.

"We didn't hate it!" Hermione countered.

"Speak for yourself, I haven't forgotten the skrewts. And I'm telling you now, we've had a narrow escape. You didn't hear him going on about his gormless brother—we'd have been teaching Grawp how to tie his shoelaces if we'd stayed."

"I hate not talking to Hagrid."

"We'll go down after Quidditch." Harry assured Hermione. "But trials might take all morning, the number of people who have applied. I dunno why the team's the popular all of a sudden."

"Oh, come on, Harry. It's not Quidditch that's popular, its you! You've never been more interesting, and frankly, you've never been more fanciable."

Ron choked on his food and Hope laughed out loud.

"Everyone knows you've been telling the truth now, don't they? The whole Wizarding world has had to admit that you were right about Voldemort being back and that you really have fought him twice in the last two years and escaped both times. And now they're calling you 'the chosen one'— well, come on, can't you see why people are fascinated by you?"

Harry's face flushed as Hermione continued to speak.

"And you've been through all that persecution from the Ministry when they were trying to make out you were unstable and a liar. You can still see the marks on the back of your hand where that evil woman made you write with your own blood, but you stuck to your story anyway..."

"You can still see where brains got hold of me in the Ministry, look." Ron said, pulling back his sleeves.

"Or it's the fact that he's very good looking." Hope shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm good looking." Ron whispered, low that no one heard. Or that's what he thought.

Hope heard him loud and clear. She gave his hand a pat in confirmation.

After the post arrived, Harry successfully swapping the binding of his potion book, to Hermione's complaints, they left the table and headed down to the Quidditch pitch. Hope and Hermione took to the stands, ready to watch the onslaught of the tryouts.