FOUR

𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐙𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐒
↳FOUR; THE SORTING HAT

𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐙𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐒↳FOUR; THE SORTING HAT

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

HOPE FELT LIKE A GIANT AMONGST THE GROUP OF FIRST YEARS. They had arrived in the chamber of reception and they couldn't stop sneaking glances at Hope. She was the oddball of the group.

"Welcome to Hogwarts." A witch spoke, and Hope knew that it was Professor McGonagall. Hagrid had told her what would happen. "Now, in a few moments you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But, before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup. The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily."

The Professor disappeared for a few moments behind the doors leaving them to themselves.

"We're ready for you now."

Hope held her head high as she trailed behind the first years into the Great Hall. It was spectacular. Four long tables were filled with thousands of students and a long table at the top was adorned with the professors.

All of the students looked at Hope with interest. No-one could remember the last time Hogwarts had a transfer student.

However, Hope couldn't take her eyes off of the enchanted ceiling, it was bewitched to look like the sky outside but with candles floating amongst the stars.

"When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head and you will be sorted into your houses." Professor McGonagall announced. "We will start with our sixth-year transfer student from Ilvermorny School in America, Hope Marshall."

She walked up to the stool and feared it would break as she sat on it. For once, the sorting hat didn't drop over the occupier's eyes, it sat on her head perfectly. She flinched at hearing it speak. 

"Hope Marshall is not entirely correct now, is it? Hope Mikaelson, daughter of the Original Hybrid, Klaus. How interesting, I never thought I'd have to sort you, a first born Mikaelson witch. But where to put you.

You are extremely loyal, the attribute for a Hufflepuff, but that isn't right. Maybe Ravenclaw? You certainly have the brains for it, considering who your grandmother is. You have a knack for magic, not just Natural Magic but Terra Magic as well. I've only ever sorted one other person with that talent. You have the wisdom for Ravenclaw but what about Gryffindor?

You have the qualities of a true Gryffindor; nerve and bravery. It would be perfect for you and lead you on a path to greatness.

Yet, I can also sense the Slytherin inside of you. Cunning just like your father and everyone knows a Mikaelson comes out on top.