𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝙷𝙾𝙿𝙴 𝙼𝙸𝙺𝙰𝙴𝙻𝚂𝙾𝙽

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF PANSY'S PRANKS had failed so far. Turning my hair bright yellow? I changed it back with Natural magic. Trying to start a duel in the middle of the common room. It backfired when I beat her with the simplest Protego.

But I had grown restless. The magic seeping in my veins grew every day. It was itching to escape and it was getting harder to fight it.

I could barely hide it anymore. With the amount of foolery Pansy has tried, I'm surprised I managed to destroy the vase next to her rather than throw her across the room. The magic had been aiming right for her.

As soon as the vase smashed, Malfoy's eyes were on me. Suspicions raising.

There was only one place to safely expel this magic. The room of requirement.

It was late when I managed to make my way up to the seventh floor. Late enough that if I got caught, I was ending up straight in detention.

I didn't notice the body I crashed into. I rebounded and my arm was caught before I could fall to the ground. And of course, it just had to be Malfoy standing there.

I righted myself and pulled out of his grip.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. We were stood at the end of the corridor, so close to the tapestry of Barnabas teaching the trolls ballet.

His eyebrows rose in amusement. "Me? I think I should be asking you that question, considering I'm the prefect, Marshall."

"Don't you mean ex-prefect? I seem to recall you quitting, couldn't handle it could you?" A smirk appeared on my face.

Malfoy's features contorted until his eyebrows were furrowed and his lip was curling. "It is none of your business." He snarled.

"Then fuck off, will you? I have places to be."

"Why you little—"

"Say it." I stepped forward into his space. "Say it, I dare you."

"Mudblood."

My eyes flashed blue and the black veins appeared on my arms before I could stop it. Malfoy's eyes widened as he took a step back. "What are—"

My head snapped to the left hearing footsteps coming our way. Whatever it was cut off the Hollow from what it was about to do.

I grabbed Malfoy and pushed him against the wall. With my hand covering his mouth, I muttered "Invisique." I leaned against him slightly.

Malfoy fought my grip, but his body went still as he saw Filch emerge from around the corner, Mrs Norris hot on his heels.

Filch's lantern swung in front of him as he walked down the corridor. He stopped next to us, oblivious to our presence.

"I know your down here. I could hear you." He taunted, his beady eyes searching the corridor.

I looked over my shoulder watching Filch as Malfoy finally calmed down. He stopped resisting.

Filch's eyes brushed over us as he looked down at Mrs Norris. "We'll find them, we always do, my sweet." He told his cat, and they continued the march down the corridor, going in the complete wrong direction.

As soon as they were out of sight, I let go of Malfoy and mumbled the counter spell. "Phasmatos Oculacs."

Malfoy looked over in surprise. "How did you do that? That's not a normal disillusionment spell."

"I know, mines better."

"But how?"

"Magic." I snorted at his annoyed face. "Goodbye, Malfoy." I winked over my shoulder as I followed in the direction Filch had gone. I couldn't go into the room now. Not with Malfoy around.

"10 points from Slytherin." He called out.

"And your still not a prefect!" I wiggled my fingers in goodbye.

Pissing him off was going to be my new favourite hobby.

⋄ ⧫ ⟡ ⧫ ⋄

"Where'd you go last night?" Magnolia questioned as we sat at the Slytherin table for breakfast.

"What do you mean?"

"You came back to the dorm extremely late. So, where were you?" Magnolia's eyes widened. "Do you have a secret boyfriend you haven't told me about?"

My head twisted to hers instantly. "What, no, of course not. You would know if there was, I'd tell you instantly."

"I better as your best friend."

I smiled. "Trust me, if there was someone, I wouldn't be able to keep it from you. I couldn't sleep so I went for a walk." I lied. It was better this way. Magnolia did not need to know that uncontrollable magic is running through my veins.

I bunched the ends of my cardigan sleeves until my hands were hidden inside them.

"You didn't get caught? Lucky." She bit into her slice of toast.

Not soon after breakfast we were sat at our desks for Defense Against the Dark Arts. The lesson I'd been dreading since our last one. This was not going to be fun.