FOURTEEN

𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐙𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐒
↳FOURTEEN; DECEIT

𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐙𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐒↳FOURTEEN; DECEIT

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

"WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR THE HOLIDAYS, Hope? Going back to New Orleans'?" Hermione asked over the Gryffindor table.

Hope was sat beside Ron as Harry and Hermione sat opposite them for breakfast. It was still slightly tense between the group, considering Hermione and Ron weren't talking to each other.

The whole Ron and Lavender fiasco at the Gryffindor party after they had won the first match of the season started it all.

"I'm staying here, actually."

"What?" All three of them said at the exact same time, surprised to hear her answer.

"We don't really celebrate Christmas like we used to anymore, plus everyone has different plans. Seemed like the easiest option. After all, you've all said how beautiful Hogwarts is at Christmas." Hope shrugged her shoulders.

It was mostly the truth; everyone did have different plans and Hope was invited to each one, but it just wasn't the same. It would never be like it used to be. It only reminded her of what she was missing.

"Well, it is, but that's beside the point. You'd be all alone; no-one should be alone at Christmas." Harry said with a frown on his face.

"It's settled then, you'll celebrate with us. Mum won't mind." Ron decided, not taking no for an answer. "No excuses allowed; we're getting the train tomorrow morning."

"I don't want to impose..." Hope muttered.

"You won't be. Mum loves a full house at Christmas. I'll write home right now to let them know." Ron grabbed his slice of toast and stood up from the table to go to the Owlery.

Hope continued with her breakfast, a smile on her face. She was glad to have friends that wouldn't leave her behind. She may not have been as close as the three of them, but they still cared for her and made her one of them.

"Ah, Miss Marshall, I was hoping to catch you."

She held her fork mid-air as she looked behind her to find Professor Slughorn.

He wore a joyous smile as he finally found the witch. He'd been meaning to talk to her for a few days.

"Professor Slughorn, what can I do for you?" She smiled, but secretly confused as to why he wanted to talk to her.

"I would like to personally invite you to my Christmas party that I'm hosting tonight, I know that it's very last minute, but you'd be a welcome delight." He chuckled. "I heard all about your skill when dealing with that cursed necklace back on Hogsmeade weekend."

She looked at Harry and Hermione to see them begging with their faces for her to go as well.

"I'd love to." She held back her grimace.