𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝙷𝙾𝙿𝙴 𝙼𝙸𝙺𝙰𝙴𝙻𝚂𝙾𝙽

I'D DONE IT. I'D ACTUALLY DONE IT. It was on a whim that it worked. Not much thought had gone into the plan, but maybe it was the fact that my aunt had helped is why it had worked. Without Freya providing the distraction, everything would have gone to shit in seconds.

I breathed out a sigh of relief as I sunk into the church pew. It had all happened so fast and there was no time to stop now.

I'd taken back the Hollow from my family. I no longer had to stay away from them. I would actually be able to spend time with my father for once. His excuses won't work anymore.

I had planned this perfectly so that they couldn't ruin what I'd done. By the time they'd realise, I would already be on the train to Hogwarts.

As I stood up, I swayed and stumbled back into the pew. Straightening up, I cast one last look at my family.

"See you all at Christmas." I mumbled, making my way out of St Anne's Church.

I made it back as quick as I could to the compound and grabbed my trunk. I had minutes before I was due in London.

Unfortunately, I had underestimated how long it would take for my father to escape the Chambre De Chasse.

"Hope, what did you do?" Klaus Mikaelson raged as he stormed into the foyer.

"I fixed it." I stared dead on, removing all emotion from my face. "Our family can be whole again. No more signs of blood from water, vipers from the rivers. The death of all firstborns."

The colour drained form his face. "Where did you hear that?"

"You couldn't hide the prophecy from me forever. I can't risk all firstborns dying. I can't let it happen." I looked down to the paperclip shaking on the table.

My portkey was leaving any moment now.

"You can't control the Hollow! It's going to ruin you like it did last time."

"This time I'm not nine years old." I grabbed onto the paperclip. "See you at Christmas, dad."

With a tug at my naval, I was torn out of New Orleans' and landed a second later in the Ministry of Magic, London.

"Travel permit please."

I blinked, readjusting to the bright lights of the International Travel Department at the Ministry of Magic. I dug into my pocket and pulled out the required document that allowed me to travel to the UK.

I passed it over to the employee and waited as he completed all of his checks. This was always the longest part, waiting for them to check everything over. After the permit, came the wand. They had to check what my last spell was and when I last cast one.

And being honest, I couldn't even remember what it was. I hadn't touched my wand since I left Hogwarts for the summer. There was no point, I couldn't use Wand Magic until I turned 17 anyway. But Natural Magic? I could use that whenever I wanted.

"Enjoy your sixth year at Hogwarts."

"Thanks." I nodded my head at the employee and made my way to the fireplace that would take me straight to Kings Cross Station.

⋄ ⧫ ⟡ ⧫ ⋄

I watched the hills roll past as the train made its journey to Scotland. The silence in the carriage was a welcome distraction. I was sat by myself, and I finally had the chance to listen to what I couldn't hear before.

The whispers.

I couldn't exactly make out what they were saying yet, but I had no doubt I would eventually. This was better than fulfilling a prophecy of bringing the end to all supernatural firstborns.

If the price I had to pay was hearing voices, I would pay it over and over again.

The door to the carriage opened up and in stepped a platinum haired witch. "Hi, Hope! Mind if we sit? Every other carriage is full."

"Go ahead."

Luna stepped into the carriage with two wizards following close behind her. It was a good thing that I wasn't on bad terms with Harry or Neville otherwise this would have made for a different story. For being a Slytherin, I actually wasn't hated by the Gryffindors. They felt sympathetic and made me an honoree Gryffindor. I was hated more by my own house.

None of them understood how I'd been sorted into Slytherin considering they all knew me as a Muggleborn. None of them know what blood flows in my veins. None of them know that I am the daughter of the Original Hybrid. If they did?

They certainly wouldn't treat me how they do.

"How was your summer?" Harry asked me. He had taken the seat beside mine.

It wasn't out of the normal for us to talk. I was closer to Hermione, but we had spoken over the years since we'd started our first year. It wasn't much but it was enough that I'd been invited to Dumbledore's Army last year.

I had made a promise to him that I wouldn't tell any of the Slytherins', even my best friend.

"Same as usual. Didn't do much, you?"

Lies. Complete utter lies. My summer was awful.

"Same here."

"There you are." We all turned to face the door as my best friend, Magnolia Sallow, poked her head through. "Why are you not up front with us?" She took the spare seat beside Luna on the bench.

"Because I'm not welcome up there?" I stated the obvious.

"Well, that's their problem. I need my best friend with me." Magnolia is on a whole other level compared to everyone else.

She's a Pureblood Slytherin but has to stick to the lines that have been drawn for her. She can be my friend – even though everyone else disagrees – but only if she stands aside when they antagonize me.

If they ridicule me in public, she has to let it happen. If she tries to intervene? We don't want to know what the consequences will be. But when we're in private and everyone is leaving me alone, she is cursing them in as many was as she knows possible.

No-one understands our friendship, how she can stand there and not help, but I am grateful her. I'm the one who asks her not to do anything. I know the stakes if she does.

And I can handle anything they throw at me.

"Fine. I'll see you later, guys." I stood up and followed Magnolia out of the compartment, who was grinning like a fool.