Jeon Jungkook

Jungkook:

You thought you had noticed Jungkook's poorly hidden stare even before Yoongi drunkenly pointed it out.

"He's gonna be following you like a puppy all night, YN!" he laughs, tipping his beer bottle up to drink the last sip. You glance over at Jungkook, his gaze meeting yours briefly before darting down to the almost empty glass he's clutching in his lap. His eyes are wide as he stares down. You turn to face the rest of the guys on the couch, eyeing your girl friend with confusion at Yoongi's comment.

"Yoong, what are you talking about?" you ask, hoping your tone of voice will quash his pestering. Jungkook seems uncomfortable enough around you tonight without his continued teasing. You hope he'll understand it's a rhetorical and just drop it, continuing with the beer he's now opening, but he seems to have other ideas, nudging at Jungkook and mumbling something into his ear that makes his cheeks flush pink and his eyes get impossibly wider. You're about to pop off at Yoongi when Namjoon slips a hand around your shoulder. That seems to grab Jungkooks attention just fine. Namjoon's always been a little handsy but he's never crossed a line with you.

"Ignore him." You look up at him with confusion but he's buzzed and seems too amused with the maknae's discomfort to take note.

"But...Kookie-" you begin, but Yoongi's at it again, the rest of the boys and your friends at this little pregame party seemingly amused at the situation. Only Jimin seems to want to help in distracting Yoongi from his trolling, trying to get his older friend to take a shot with him but he can't be bothered.

"Go on! Tell her!" Yoongi prods, poking Jungkook in the ribs. He jolts away, standing from the crowded couch and suddenly feeling exposed. You smile at him with what you hope is a look of sympathy for him. Even though you're friends he always seems so uncomfortable around you.

"It's nothing," he says pointedly at Yoongi. Flicking his gaze back to yours and then down your frame quickly, he says,

"You just...look nice..tonight."

You blush and smile a little. It's awkward but sweet. And it makes you wonder if that little rumor Tae let slip about Jungkook having a crush on you was true. Namjoon chuckles darkly and you can't help but scowl up at him, his hand still on your shoulder. Jungkook watches as Namjoon leans down, his close proximity making you a little nervous as his beautiful lips draw close to your neck. You catch just a glimpse of Kookie as he goes to the kitchen, downing the rest of his drink and assumedly going to make another.

"Kookie likes a girl with an ass. That's all," Namjoon croons, his low voice and his words a dangerous combination. You lean back and look at him incredulous. He just nods and sips his drink before leaving you to ponder his admission on Jungkook's behalf. You're more surprised at the situation than you are at what he's told you. You've noticed on more than one occasion how Jungkook can't seem to keep his eyes off your backside, tonight being no exception. You're suddenly kind of glad you wore your friend's jeans out tonight. They're a little tight on your hips but they make your ass look better than any of your own pants can. 

"Let's goooooo it's already late!" Jimin whines. He's been whining about leaving for the club for the last 30 minutes.

"Fine! I'll order cars." Jin pulls out his phone, looking between his screen and the room, counting how many people are here. You're feeling more excited than before about going dancing with your friends. The room got too awkward too quickly for your taste, and a change of scenery is just the distraction you all need. Especially Yoongi, who seems to have completely forgotten his tirade and is now focused on the low back of your friends top.

You set your half-empty glass down and head down the hall to the bathroom before leaving. You get to the small room and relax for a second from the noise of the crowded living room. Looking at yourself in the mirror and smoothing back your hair, you realize you're buzzed. It takes a little more focus to do things carefully, and you giggle quietly at the state you've found yourself in. You needed a night off. Your mind wanders back to the way Jungkook's eyes lingered over you, even after being exposed like that by his friends. You're smiling at yourself in the mirror, tugging the waist of your jeans up a little higher and examining the curve of your ass from just above the sink. You're cheeks have a slight blush to them as you try to shake the idea of Jungkook and his charming smile and dark eyes out of your mind. You fiddle with your hair, deciding to toss it into a ponytail before leaving with your friends. It's harder than normal with the way the gin and tonics you've had tonight have you feeling, but after what feels like 10 minutes, you decide no ponytail you attempt in this state will look how you'd like it to. You tossle your hair back over your shoulders, satisfied with the messy waves and give your fitted top a final tug here and there. Leaving the bathroom and heading down the hall, you're focused on where you left your glass instead of how quiet the room's become.