Chapter 2

The triplets siblings widen their eyes in shock and fear.

"I know it. You both were hiding here" Rurahel grinned. The three of them become paled. "My babies!!" Rurahel said.

"Mommy was looking for you~~" Rurahel said with a fake sweet voice.

"It's starting again.." "Just close the door. Close it" The maids said and close the door,leaving the triplets with their abuse mother.

Arjen and Arien hide Ariana behind them who is shut her eyes in fear.

How could they... Just watch and turn a blind eye to a abused children..

Rurahel take a nearest vase and throw it beside Arien. Arien fall down while Arjen look at her worriedly.

"That vase.. Wasn't a pretty colour. Mommy will replace it with a prettier one" Rurahel smile at them.

Rurahel grab Arjen's shoulder. "Baby, mummy is talking to you" Arjen look at her in fear and gulped.

"Have you three also... His majesty abandoned me, but even you three have.." Rurahel 'cried'.

Rurahel was not in her right mind. Someone who constantly drowned herself in alcohol and abused her children couldn't possibly be mentally stable.

Arien thought in her mind. Arien slowly get up and hold Ariana hand. They slowly walk away but Rurahel glare at them.

"WHERE ARE YOU THREE RUNNING OFF TO?!!" She shouted and slapped Arien.

'As I endured this.. I have to be grateful that her nails are shorter than usual, and she's not wearing any rings' Arien fall at the floor while Arjen and Ariana sit beside Arien worriedly.

Rurahel tighten her fists and hold Ariana wrist. "Aria!" Arjen and Arien shout worriedly. "Shut up!" Rurahel shout and bring Ariana outside.

"What should we do?!" Arien shouted. "... We will wait" Arjen said. "ARJEN!! SHE IS OUR SISTER!!" Arien shouted and try to go out.

Arjen hold Arien wrist. "No! If we follow her, like 5 months ago.. We will get all beaten up and Ariana will blame herself.." Arjen said sadly.

Arien tighten her fists and collapse to the floor. "Ah.. I can't protect her again.." She mumbled. Arjen hug Arien. "I know.. But one day we will" Arjen smile sadly at her.

After a few minutes, a maid come to the room and push Ariana pass out body. The maid left the room.

Arien and Arjen run to Ariana body. "Ariana!" They shout and shake her body. "She have a big injuries at her feet! It can't be healed with our healing abilities!" Arien shout while Arjen carried Ariana body to the bed.

"Here, the first aid kit" Arien said and give Arjen the kit. Arjen quickly treat her little sister.

"Done.." Arjen sigh in relief. Arien put her palm at Ariana forehead. "She have a fever" She said and go take a clothe.

'Since we got hit on a daily basis, we got used to it. Thought it hurt, it didn't seem like such a big deal. Even if we got hurt, we could ignore it. The pain from such wounds despite our imperial blood and enhanced healing abilities... Who would understand us?' Arien thought while look at Ariana body in sadness.

'I have no desire to be like the other royals'

It's been 2 days since that day, Ariana fever have gone down and she was fine. They decided to go outside and climb a tree near the imperial place.

"... Someday, do you think we'll be able to escape?" Arjen asked us. The girls stay silent.

'I can't answer it. Even I did not hope anymore. At that point, I.. Did not even dream that a completely different life would await us' Ariana thought.

Six years ago, she approached the emperor and conceived us to rise up the social ladder. She was a commoner that become the stepdaughter of a viscount and was both intelligent and beautiful enough to approach the emperor.

The emperor favour her for only one night. If we, the newborns, hadn't the blonde hair, we probably would've be killed by him.

The only thing I can recall is the emperor granting us our names.

'So what? He abandoned us at this castle and we have been neglected ever since. He force us to live like this' Arien thought.

The emperor has no interest in us, and all the money sent by the palace is used for Rurahel's luxurious lifestyle.

There isn't enough money. And when the maid realized we've been abandoned, they start to ignore and bully us.

At this age, we should be care for but we hardly fed and always worry about Rurahel or the maids hitting us.

We might be of royal blood but the difference between the Prince in the palace and us are like heaven and hell.

'Beautiful' Arien said in her mind. Ariana stand up and shield her brother and sister. "What are you doing-" Arjen get cutted off by Ariana voice in his mind.

'Someone's here' -Ariana

'Huh?' -Arien

Suddenly a tall body in front of them. They widen their eyes and gulped.

'Who?' -Arien

'Who is he?' -Arjen

"Who are you guys?" The guy asked. The triplets flinch and stay silent. "If you don't answer.. You will not be able to withstand what might happen to you" He said and glare at them with his purple eyes.

They all flinched. 'Such bloodlust. I feel shivers down my body. This is.. Rurahel is nothing compare to him. This is the voice of someone with true authority' Arien think in her mind.

Suddenly the moonlight hit their face and they can see the man's face clearly.

'He looks fancy' -Arjen

'He's definitely not a regular person' -Ariana

'We should pretend to be scared like normal 5-year-old children' -Arien

The guy put his hand at his mouth in shocked. "Ha.. This.. I wasn't expecting.." He muttered.

'..? What's wrong with him?' -All three