Chapter 7

'I'm scared. The same green eyes as last night. An intimidating aura surround his body. Why did he drag us here... Just to treat us like this?' Arien said in her mind.

"T-This injury was an accident.." Arjen answered with full of fear while hold his cloth sleeve nervously.

Arien suddenly grab Arjen' s hand. "Don't look"

Ariana and Arjen stare at her in shocked. 'What the hell did she just do?!' Ariana say in her mind.

The emperor was shock with Arien's words. 'These injuries... I don't want anyone to see them. It feels like they'll see the hidden pain in our hearts, when they look at our scarred bodies. Especially you, I don't want you to see it' Arien say in her mind while and her tears start coming out slowly.

'You brought us into this world, and neglected us in that's hell hole. Someone like you doesn't have the right to see our scars!' Arien then start shouting loudly.

"DON'T ASK US ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!" Arien then pant in exhaustion. The atmosphere was very silent and heavy.

Arjen and Ariana was very shock, even the servants and the emperor. Arien was shaking in fear and panting heavily, her tears start coming out slowly.

"A-Arjen, Ari-Ariana, How much did we.." Arien said shakingly and suddenly stagger in her seat.

"Sister Arien!!"

"Arien!!"

Arjen quickly hold Arien while Ariana just holding back her tears. The emperor still stay silent.

The Emperor P.O.V

Illegitimate children can only be an emperor's weakness.

“Because my blood run through them”

“And they're my children”

For those reasons, Rurahel and these children couldn't live in the Palace. They would obviously become a great source of weakness to me.

Rurahel.

A woman, who was filled with greed that couldn't be hidden. She didn't plan on keeping her illegitimate children alive, because of her 'secret'

But-

I couldn't bring my self to kill them. They were royal babies with my golden hair. So small and light...

I then start remember when I hold them in the past. "Their names will be Arjen, Arien and Ariana"

If I couldn't kill them, then it'll be best to hide their existence forever, and because of a certain 'contract', Rurahel brought the children to an old castle and never came out of it.

5 years later, I got a report saying that Rurahel's died in vain. And that's how I met those three children when they just turned five-years-old.

They were so small that it seemed like they would break if I held them incorrectly. I couldn't help but question myself.

Did I..

I stare at Arien at my arms while Arjen and Ariana beside me.

'Did I do the right thing?'

3rd Person P.O.V

Arien slowly open her eyes. She stare at the ceilings before sitting up and look beside her. Arjen sleep at the right while Ariana sleeping at the left.

'This is the bedroom from before... Arjen and Ariana is here too..'

Arien then sigh when she remembered what happened. 'I barely escaped from the emperor.. What have I done?'