𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Flashback:

"Could I play jump rope with you guys?" I smile and ask a group of girls that were playing on the black top in the playground.

"Sorry but we already have enough people." A girl, who I'm pretty sure is named Tiffany, crosses her arms.

But there are only four of them?

"Tiff, don't be mean. Of course, you can go first. We'll hold the rope for you." The blonde girl standing next to her says with a mischievous smirk.

Maybe today I'll finally be able to make new friends in the first grade.

"Ice cream soda, cherry on top. How many boyfriends do you got? 1...2...3...4...5..." All the girls sing as I jump up and down excited.

Before I can even reach ten, I notice Tiffany drop the rope while I'm still jumping. Which makes me fall and scrape my knee.

"Oops. It just slipped." She puts on a fake worried expression and the rest of the girls begin to laugh along with her.

"Ow." I winced as I felt the burning sensation on my leg start to hurt.

Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry.

"Aw look. She's about to cry. It just makes her look even more ugly." She laughs and they all nod.

I then get up off the ground and glare at all of them. Feeling the same thing everywhere I go. Loneliness.

"Yea. Get up and go back to where ever you came from?" I hear another person add.

After that, I immediately want to yank her ponytail out but I decide to just ignore her comment and walk away.

Is there something wrong with me? Why does this always happen to me?

****

"What's wrong baby?" Mama asks, opening her arms for me to come closer.

"Nothing." I shrug and hop on the hospital bed to snuggle into her shoulder.

"So what got you looking all sad today? Daddy just went with Damian and baby KyKy to go bring you a happy meal." She furrows her eyebrows when she sees that I'm frowning.

"A-am I ugly?" I mutter quietly looking into her eyes and her mood instantly goes from a shocked to a serious expression.

"No. You're beautiful-

"But everyone says that I am. They hate me." I play with my nails so it can distract me from crying.

"You shouldn't care about what everyone says. C'mon sit up and listen to me closely, Raven." She urges me to sit up to face her properly.

"You know what makes us truly beautiful? It's the words we speak, the decisions we make, and most importantly the way we act towards others. If people don't like you because of the way you look then it's their loss. You are smart, an amazing big sister, and you always know how to make me smile even when I don't feel too good. So, Raven Serenity Williams, you are more than beautiful. You understand me?" I nod and she softly kisses my cheek.