𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝓇𝑒𝓃𝒾𝓉𝓎 𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁𝒾𝒶𝓂𝓈

My finger hovered over the trigger. The sweat forming in my palm made me grip the gun tighter than before. I squinted one eye as I raised my arm higher to be aligned with my target. Many intrusive thoughts swam through my head, making it harder for me to take the shot.

"Be careful."

I instantly snap outta my trance. Across the backyard, Ashanti is leaning against the sliding glass doors with his arms crossed. Dressed in his all black work attire. The hot burning sun did nothing but shine on his toned muscles. When I meet his eyes, there's a concerned but relieved glint behind them.

"How long have you been standing there?" From his point of view I probably looked crazy. Earlier I rolled outta bed and didn't think much of my outfit. So right now he's carelessly eyeing me in just my bra and biker shorts.

"You wanna tell me why I had to wake up to the sound of gunshots and my girlfriend not next to me?" His lips lift into a fake smile but I don't say anything in return. I continue to keep the gun raised to the cans. After he's met with silence and no rebuttal, he makes his way to me.

"I know you heard me."  All the playfulness is gone in his voice as he blocks my line of vision with his chest. I instantly put the gun down so that it isn't aimed at his ribcage anymore. He then gently takes it outta my hand.

"Sorry, i didnt even think about that." I momentarily close my eyes once I realize that he was probably thinking the worst happened. "I just had a bad dream and wanted to relieve some more stress." I shrugged my shoulders. I didn't lie. Although, the context of the dream and my thoughts for the last fifteen minutes is another thing.

Today marks the day I lost the most important woman in my life.

"And that's perfectly okay. Next time, wake me up so I can help." He pulls me closer by my waist and I nod understandably. "You know regular people would listen to music or take a bath to relieve stress, not play with someone else's gun." He says jokingly before pecking my lips.

i dont tell him what today is. I've been tired of feeling like I'm bugging him with all my problems. Therefore, If I knew for certain that I could protect myself without any help, it would bring me a sense of security he couldn't even imagine.

"Guns are more fun." I placed my hand on his chest and his eyes followed the movement intensively. "Now since you kinda offered to help..." It's my turn to smirk and mask my inner feelings.

"Well I have been lowkey thinking bout teaching you anyway. Ya form does need some work..."

"For real?" I go to reach for the gun but he quickly grabs my hand.