𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝙰𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚒 𝚓𝚊𝚜𝚔𝚜𝚘𝚗

I shuffle through the sprays and lotion on top of the dresser while tryna look for my charger. I silently curse when I can't find it. Behind me, the sound of sheets rustling meets my ears and lets me know that I ain't keeping my voice down. I look back and see a small body spread out on my bed.

With her eyes still closed, she shifts, scratches her bonnet, and then touches my empty side of the bed. At that moment, I forget all about my charger and move towards her. Before she can notice I'm not there, I smoothly move a pillow under her arm. It seems to work because she snuggles closer to it. I smile at the view and silently walk out the room no matter how badly I wanna go back and join her.

I hurried down the stairs when I noticed I gotta step out in a couple of minutes. I flick the kitchen light on and try to think of a quick snack to make as I open the fridge. The idea of an egg and bacon sandwich sounds good ass shit right now.

After I placed the ingredients on the countertop, I noticed Ravens purse wide open on the far right. The thing that catches my eye right away is my charger hanging outta one of the pockets.

Bruh.

I go to pull it out but stop dead in my tracks when a pink box decides to poke out as well. All the blood left my face as I read the label. I keep on reading the words over and over to see if my eyes are just playing tricks on me.

"What the fuck?" I grasp the pregnancy test box in my hand and instantly realize it's empty. Which tells me she's already used it, but why?

Last time I checked, me and Raven hadn't slept together yet.

Thoughts I never had to think about up until now started to cloud my mind. No longer having the appetite to eat, I shake my head. All of my trust issues begin to cave in, to the point where I question Ravens loyalty. The feelings of shock and anger swarm throughout my body at the thought of her betraying me. I'm trying my best to stop myself from jumping to conclusions, but it's hard not to.

There has to be a good fucking explanation.

Twenty minutes pass and I finally hear the small footsteps coming down the stairs. I take a few deep breaths to try and keep calm.

"Oh yay. You're still here. You weren't in bed. I thought you already went to work without saying bye." Her bonnet free and freshly washed face enters the kitchen. She immediately tries to kiss me, but I move my head away.

"Why don't you wanna kiss me? I brushed my teeth." She tries to kiss me again, but I do the same thing.

"Did you cheat on me?" I bluntly ask. My hand seemed to cover the box, so she wasn't able to see it yet.

That is when I finally got scared. Scared for her answer. Scared that she found someone better than me. Someone who's not a mess.

"I would never cheat on you. Why would you even say that?" She steps back with a frown. All of her bubbly energy evaporates and a suffocating tension fills the kitchen.

"Don't lie to me." I clenched my jaw.

"Are you serious right now? I've been with you every day for the past months. Where is this even coming from-

"Why do you have this then?" I slide the pink box across the counter. Her eyes immediately widened before she sighed deeply. I begin to wait so that she can try to explain it to me, but I start to lose patience as a long and quiet minute passes by.

"It's not mine." That's all she says. She glances up and I look at her expression for any clues of what's going on in her head, but I find nothing.

"If it's not yours, then who's is it? I know damn well it ain't just magically pop up in your bag." I grow frustrated.