𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

If someone told me five years ago that I'd be spending my first year of college living with a boyfriend, plotting against my mama's murderer, or generally dealing with creepy grown ass men, I would've laughed in their face. Now I've just come to terms on how crazy shit happens to me all the time.

For example, like now. Many shouts could be heard as me and Ashanti hurried to the front porch. That immediately gave us the idea that Jennifer had finally returned home. We shared a brief glance before Ashanti began pounding on their door. The pounds could've probably woken up the whole neighborhood but clearly he didn't give a fuck. To be honest neither did I.

They were taking too long to open the door so I joined him.

"Who is knocking on my door like that..." When Ashanti's mama finally opens the door and sees us there, she stills. Her hair and clothes were a hot mess.

"Where's that nigga at?" Ashanti pushes pass Jennifer and quickly makes his way inside.

I followed right behind him and instantly scanned the living room for Ivy but the only person our eyes seemed to land on was Marcus. In nothing but shorts, he was standing there with his arms crossed. The smug smile on Marcus's face must've ticked Ashanti off because he was already pulling up his pants.

Ashanti's knuckles swiftly came in contact with Marcus's jaw and the sound of it caused me to cringe. He didn't stop after the first punch. The punches kept coming which made Marcus curse and stagger back into a nearby wall.

"Oh, god." I mutter under my breath as Jennifer started screaming for them to stop. "Your arm, Ashanti." It didn't even seem to faze him after I yelled.

This man wants to injure his arm even more.

Even though Marcus's body was heavier than Ashanti's, he easily held his own. When I realized it was getting outta hand I grew afraid. Blood started coating Marcus's shirt.

"Ashanti Jackson, stop it!" Jennifer screamed, not making the situation any better. It seemed like we both were too dazed and wary to interrupt.

"Bitch ass nigga." Ashanti mumbled in between punches. Marcus's eyes started slowly closing as he slumped to the floor.

"Baby, that's enough. You got it. He's knocked." Blood started coating the floor and I managed to pull him off after three attempts. The murderous glance was still on Ashanti's face until he met mine.

They began to soften before he reverted our eye contact completely. There wasn't any trace of remorse and I couldn't blame him. The only thing I could do was keep him at a distance before he thought about going for a second round. So I stationed myself in front of him as he took many deep breaths against the wall.

There was nothing else to do but look at the aftermath in utter silence.

"Dear God, Have you lost ya damn mind, boy?" Jennifer put her hand on her chest before kneeling down to Marcus's body.

"Why would you leave him alone with Ivy? He fucking put his hands on her." Ashantis's voice rumbled from behind me.

"Why would you even say such a thing?" Jennifer gives us both an incredulous look.

"Bubba." A faint voice enters the room and we all grow rigid.

Ivy stood there in her little princess tiana nightgown. Her iPad was securely tucked underneath her arm. The reason why we all fell silent wasn't just because of her bad timing but because there was a red imprint of a palm on her cheek.

Ivy either ignored or was completely oblivious to Marcus's beaten body. She ran past him and tightly hugged Ashanti's hips. His demeanor began to soften even more.