𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝓇𝑒𝓃𝒾𝓉𝓎 𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁𝒾𝒶𝓂𝓈

It was all blank. The laptop screen only had my name and today's date. Every time I typed a sentence it'd get deleted a couple seconds later. I was supposed to be doing a research paper on how social media effects peoples buying choices but I couldn't focus. It was early in the afternoon but many flashbacks to this morning kept replaying in my head.

I had asked Ashanti if he trusted me and all he did was ignore me. I can't lie. That hurt. And for him to think so low of me hurt even more. I knew he had trouble trusting people but I thought it'd be different with me.

I just need him to understand that not everyone has bad motives.

The sound of the fridge closing from downstairs interrupts my thoughts. That can't be Ashanti. Every time he comes back from work he either sleeps or goes straight to the shower. I quickly grab my phone and dial his number. It goes straight to voice mail and my heart beats faster.

This is not the time to be acting petty.

I looked at his nightstand and swiftly got off the bed. Thinking off the top of my head, I pulled open the drawer. Instead of seeing three guns like I remembered, there was only one but I didn't think to much of it. I nervously grabbed the gun and prayed before slowly going down the stairs.

When I reached the bottom and peaked my head to the right, I silently cursed. A man with a huge and muscular built was rummaging through the fridge.

Just perfect.

After, I tiptoed closer and was about ten feet away from him, I pointed my gun to the back of his head. "Drop the bagel." Even though I felt like I was gonna shit my pants, my voice didn't waver.

The unknown man's shoulders seemed to instantly tense before he did as I said and dropped the bagel on the floor.

"Now, who are you?"

"Monty. One of the guards from the club. Remember?" His rough voice sounded familiar so I then relaxed and lowered the gun.

"Shit. Sorry, I forgot. King did say you were coming." I face palmed myself.

"No need to be embarrassed. It's actually a good thing. If someone was really about to break in, you'd scare the fuck outta them." He turned around and I instantly remembered his face.

Even though, I knew he wasn't gonna be any harm I made sure to keep my distance. From here, I could see his facial features clearly. His hair was already in neatly braided cornrows, and his brown eyes were surrounded by a little bit of freckles . If I had to guess, he looked around his mid thirties.

"How'd you get in though?" I raised the gun again and he put his hands up in surrender. Even though, I could see his own gun in his belt buckle, he didn't reach for it.

"I had to drive his other car back and he gave me a copy of the key. Plus, he told me to make sure your safe." He slowly reached into his pocket to show me the key.

"So eating our food is keeping me safe?" I raised an eyebrow at him and pointed to the bagel near his foot.

"Well...no." He scratched his forehead.

"Thank you for stopping by but as you can see I don't need a babysitter." I wave the gun but it clumsily slips from my hand. Monty gives me an 'are you sure about that?' look and I glare at him.

"That proved nothing." I picked it up and crossed my arms.

"Hmm." He nodded with a hint of a grin.

****