Chapter Six: Meeting Dr. Brown

Eventually, Braedey, Andrea, Tyler, and Orion made their way to 1640 Riverside Drive. As they made their way along, they saw a 1949 Packard Custom Eight Victoria parked up at the garage. They looked to see a two-storey home of unique design of wood, steel, stone, and with a long driveway that lead down to the road.

"Talk about nice digs." Tyler commented.

"We're here, so let's see if the doctor is home." Orion said, Andrea and the boys running up to the front door. "If anyone knows about temporal displacement, it be him."

Braedey knocked the door a few times. All of them waited a brief while for a response. The door opened to a crack, then slammed shut.

"Oh, come on, now..." Braedey groaned and knocked on the door again, and there came out a young Dr. Brown to them. "Doc?" Braedey was shocked to see some strange headgear on the scientist's head.

 "Doc?" Braedey was shocked to see some strange headgear on the scientist's head

"Don't say a word!" Dr. Brown now ushered the teens inside.

"Doc..." Andrea tried to speak.

"I don't wanna know your name, I don't wanna know anything about you!" Doc said to them. "Quiet, quiet." Dr. Brown attached something to Braedey's forehead and it hummed with the device on his head. "I'm going to read your thoughts. Let's see now. You come here from a great distance?" He asked.

"Yes." Braedey replied. "Exactly!"

"Don't tell me! You want me to buy a subscription to the Saturday Evening Post?" Doc asked.

"No." The others.

"NOT A WORD! Not a word..." Doc berated the brunette.

"Oh, brother." Andrea sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Quiet, uhh..." Dr. Brown continued. "Uh.. Donations! You want me to make a donation to the Motorcycle Youth Auxiliary."

"Doctor Brown." Braedey detached the device from him. "We're from the future. Tyler, Andrea, Orion and I came here in a time machine that you designed and my father had invented. Now, we need your help to get back to the year 2015..."

"My God..." Dr. Brown glanced at the two teens and pulled them close together with a whimsical smile. "Do you know what this means?" The teens looked hopeful that Dr. Brown was finally understanding, but that grew short. "It means this damn thing doesn't work at all!" Dr. Brown got off his strange head machine.

"Doc, you've got to help us." Braedey tried to convince him.

"You are the only one who knows how your time machine works. You designed it, for crying out loud." Orion added in.

"Time machine?" Dr. Brown scoffed in a whisper, his hand on a mark on his head. "I haven't invented any time machine."

"Okay, alright. I'll prove it to you." Tyler now took out his wallet, showing his driver's license. "Look at my driver's license: expired 2017? Look at my birthday for crying out loud, I haven't even been born yet."