Chapter Nineteen: What Happened To James?

"Fire in the Hole!"

Doc sets off the dynamite that's at the mouth of the mine, the wood and rock flying out of the mouth to reveal the entrance to the old mine. After a few moments, the dust cloud and smoke settled down and revealed the open hole.

"We're through." Orion informed.

"Whoa. I think you woke up the dead with that blast." Tyler commented.

"Enough of that, Tyler." Braedey sighed.

Doc handed Braedey a camera. "Take this camera... I want to document everything!"

Soon, the teens with Doc alongside them entered the mine, all armed with torches, pickaxes, hammers, along with mining helmets, now trying to find the spot where the Delorean is buried.

"This reminds me of the time I attempted to reach the centre of the earth. I'd be reading my favorite author, Jules Verne. I spent weeks preparing for the expedition, I didn't even get this far. Of course, I was only 12 at the time." Doc said, reminiscing his past. "It was the writings of Jules Verne that had a profound effect on my life. I was 11 when I first read 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. That's when I realised that I must devote my life into science."

Andrea looked ahead, and saw a boarded up wall, with some initials or something. "Hey, look at this." She called to the others.

Braedey looked at the initials, and he saw the initials are 'J.R.M'. "Wait... these are..." He said in surprise.

"James' initials!" Doc realised in amazement. "Just like in 'Journey To The Centre Of The Earth'! That means the time machine must right behind this wall!!"

Immediately, the teens and Doc all began to take apart the wall, using the pickaxes and hammers to break down the rocks and wood, opening a hole of. After 30 seconds, they broke through the wall, and they all look inside. There, inside of a cavern was the DeLorean time machine, covered in a sheet and concealed away, now sitting up on concrete blocks.

"It's just been sitting there?" Tyler asked in confusion

"For 100 years, 2 months, and 13 days." Orion replied.

"Astounding." Doc said.

The cover was soon taken off the DeLorean, while Tyler and Orion clear out more rock from the entrance so the car can be moved out. Andrea, Braedey, and Doc got the repair instructions out from the car, as they examine some of the damage sustained to the vehicle.

Braedey is reading the letter aloud, with Doc looking at the circuit control microchip though a magnifying glass. "...'As you can see, the lightning bolt shorted out the time circuit control microchip. The attached schematic: will allow you to build a replacement unit with 1985 components, thus restoring the time machine to perfect working order'." He read the paper.