Chapter Fifteen: Time Is Really Screwed

Later, the DeLorean soon lets the wheels up and landed on the ground safely, now driving normally and without noticing as they drove over towards Jasmine's house. However, Andrea took notice that the roads were too quiet for this evening, and that there was a crushed truck in Jasmine's driveway, as well as some odd bits here and there. She was shaken from the thoughts as the car stopped and Braedey and James both jumped out of the car.

James looked around, then pointed over to the swing at the front porch. "Let's put her in the swing! Then I'll take you home, and you can come back in your car and wake her." He suggested. Braedey nodded and carried Jasmine in bridal hold over to the swing. "When she awakens here in her own house and it's dark, you should be able to convince her it was all just a dream." James added on.

Braedey stopped for a second. "Wait a minute. We're just going to leave her out here on the porch?" He asked his father as he put Jasmine in the swing.

"The disorientation will help convince her that it was all a dream." James insisted to his son.

Braedey gently patted Jasmine's hair, looking at her sleeping face. "How long do you think she's gonna be out for?" He asked.

"I'm not too sure, she received quite a shock from seeing her 2045 counterpart." James replied to him. "Could be for a few minutes, most probably a couple of hours. You'd better bring some smelling salts with you." He advised, now walking back to the DeLorean. He turned to see Braedey looking to Jasmine. "Don't worry. She'll be fine." He reassured him.

Braedey walked after James then noticed bars on the windows. "What's wrong, Braedey?" Orion asked.

"I just don't remember bars being on those windows." Braedey pointed back in concern.

~*~*~

James soon drove back to his and Braedey's house. All seemed right for a while, but something was just odd about this 1985. James soon pulled over at the side of the road before the crest of the hill to Braedey's house, Braedey jumping out of the car.

"If you need me, I'll be down at the warehouse outside of town." James told Braedey.

"Right. Be careful." Braedey nodded, then watched as the car drove off in the opposite direction.

Braedey started to walk along towards his house, but as he does so, to his confusion and surprise, where he would see his house was not there. Instead, it was just an empty plot of land. The grass had wilted away and it was scorched earth.

"What the hell?" Braedey wondered in bewilderment and confusion. "Where is the house? But where did everyone go?" He wondered, now began to run down into town to try and find anything.

Braedey soon ran down what could be a torn-down street. Things are very different to how he remembered it to be. In the distance, he could hear gunshots and screaming, making the hairs on his arms stand on end in fear. At a street corner, there are two while outlines of two murder victims on the ground, making Braedey go slightly pale in the face. Braedey ran deeper into Hill Valley to find a solution to this problem. Where was his mother and sisters? What is up with Hill Valley? Why was it like a war zone?

"This has got to be the wrong year." Braedey made his way up on a front porch and looked at the papers. But, the paper indeed read 2015. "What-? That's impossible."

"Drop it." A voice from behind demanded, Braedey feeling the barrel of a gun brushing up behind his neck.

Braedey dropped the paper, hands slowly raised, and slowly turned around to see Principal Strickland with a tommy gun aiming at him. "So, you're the little rat who's been stealing my papers." Strickland didn't seem to recognise Braedey at all!