Chapter Ten: Race Against Time

Down at the town square, it was 9:55PM. But there was no sign of Braedey or the others. At this time, Doc was getting agitated as he waited for the teens to arrive, since they were going to run out of time soon.

Doc looked at his watch. "Damn, where are those kids?" He then checked a pocket watch. "Damn." He then checked another watch on his other wrist. "Damn damn." He then heard the sound of an approaching car. He turned to see his car pulling up, Braedey and the others climbing out, all of them back in their 2015 clothes.

"Sorry we made you wait." Andrea called.

"You're all late. Do you have no concept of time?" Doc demanded from them as they got off the cover on the DeLorean.

"Hey, come on. We had to change." Tyler said in defense. "Do you think we're going back in those zoot suits and dresses?"

"Hey. The old man really came through, it worked." Braedey then said, Doc looking at him. "Samuel took out Biff in one single punch. I didn't know he had it in him. He's never stood up to Biff in his whole life." He showed the picture to Doc.

"I wonder if that'll affect the future." Andrea wondered quietly, wondering what it would be like once they go back to 1985.

"Never?" Dr. Brown asked to Braedey's statement.

"No." Tyler replied. "Why? What's the matter?"

"Alright!" Dr. Brown quickly changed the subject. "Let's set your destination time." He got into the car, and he pointed to the 'last time departed' section of the time circuits.

"This is the exact time you left

"This is the exact time you left. Let's send you all back at exactly the same time." Doc then punched in the exact same time in the 'departure time' section of OCT/26/2015 at 1:35AM. "I'll be like you never left." He got out of the car, and ran down the road to gesture something. "Now, I painted a white line on the street way over there. That's where you'll start from. I've calculated the precise distance, taking into account the acceleration speed and wind resistance retroactive from the moment the lightning strikes, which will be in 7 minutes and 22 seconds. When this alarm goes off, you hit the gas." He looked at his watch, then gestured to a small alarm clock.

"Right." Braedey checked.

Dr. Brown winds up the small clock and puts it on the dashboard. "Well, I guess that's everything."

Braedey sighed. "Thank you." He then hugged Doc, the latter a bit surprised, but he hugged back.

"Hope to see you in about 30 years." Doc said.

"I hope so, too." Braedey nodded, then broke out of the hug.

"Same here, sir." Orion nodded back.

"Don't worry." Doc reassured him. "As long as you hit that wire with the connecting hook at precisely 88 miles per hour the very instant the lightning strikes the tower, everything will be fine."