Chapter Nine: Saturday Night

Finally, Saturday night had come, and everyone was outside. Dr. Brown was hooking up the cables to the DeLorean and he looked at the clear night sky. "Are you sure about this storm?" He asked the teens with uncertainty.

"Since when can weather men predict the weather, let alone the future?" Braedey asked in a joking manner, the others snickering.

"You know, kids, I'm gonna very sad to see you go." Dr. Brown took off his jacket. "You've really made a difference in my life. You've given me something to shoot for. Just knowing that I'm going to be around to see 2015. That I'm going to succeed in this! That you and your father is going to have a chance to travel through time!" That made Braedey stop and breath a saddened sigh. "It's going to be really hard waiting 30 years before I can talk about everything that's happened in the past few days. I'm really going to miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you as well." Braedey sighed.

"Same here." Tyler nodded.

"And thanks for everything." Orion added in.

"Listen, Doc, about the future-" Braedey really wanted to talk about this painful memory, but he couldn't go any further.

"NO!" Dr. Brown cut him off. "Braedey, we've already agreed that having information about the future can be extremely dangerous. Even if your intentions are good, it can backfire drastically. Whatever you've got to tell me, I'll find out in the natural course of time

"Andrea? Guys?" Braedey walked over to Naomi and the others as they were on their way to the school. "Do you mind if we take a quick stop at the diner?"

"Not at all." Andrea replied. "Why?"

"I have to do something very important that concerns our future." Braedey replied.

"Carry on." Orion nodded.

Marty went to the diner and he was writing out a letter for Dr. Brown since he wouldn't listen to Marty's warnings. Naomi waited outside while he wrote.

"Dear Dr. Brown, on the night Andrea, Tyler, Orion and I go back in time, my father will be shot by terrorists. Please take whatever precautions are necessary to prevent this terrible disastor. Your friends, Braedey-" The boy walked over to the others and handed them the paper and pen. "Here, sign it."

"Thanks, Braedey." Andrea took the paper, leaned it against the glass window and she signed her name, handing it back to the others, and they signed the paper as well.

Braedey walked back in the diner, folded up the paper, placed it in the envelope and licked it shut. He wrote: 'Do Not Open Until 2015'. He underlined the year to put emphasis. Braedey and the others go back by Dr. Brown one last time, Braedey puts the letter in his coat pocket, and they went to make it to the school dance.

~*~*~

Tyler, Orion, and Andrea headed off inside the school gym just as a hometown band were playing 'Night Train'. Andrea was a bit green-eyed seeing the other couples having a great time, but she saw Tyler standing nearby, and the two stood next to one another, Orion looking left and right to see if anything's out of place. The three took a look at the gym clock and saw Samuel dancing around like a fool.

"Braedey should be arriving right about now." Andrea said to Tyler. "If things go awry and Tannen's goons show up, we'll knock them down a peg."

"Good thinking." Tyler nodded.