【 05 】

*Damian's Pov*

Today, those French students are coming; what a waste of time that I could be doing other things than following these French students around. Father is having me meet them at the airport. I'll do what is asked, but I still think it's a waste of time.

Grayson also tagged along because he had free time, and he is also going to drop me off. I could've driven my motorcycle, but father wanted me to sit with them on the bus to their hotel. Honestly, I don't know why though. They are just going from the airport to the hotel, they don't need me.

"I heard it was a girl that won the essay contest. Bruce said that he liked that she said that Gotham was inspiring or something," Grayson said while driving.

"She must be insane if she thinks Gotham is inspiring," I muttered.

"Just because you don't like anything doesn't mean other people don't like anything either. You know, little D, other people actually like Gotham and its craziness."

"Tt whatever, and who in their right mind likes Gotham's craziness?"

*at the airport*

We walked in and asked the lady if the plane from Paris had arrived yet. They still needed an hour or so; so now we have to wait. So we decided to buy some time by grabbing some coffee at a cafe inside the airport.

We heard the flight being announced of its arrival and went to meet them. We saw the class grabbing their luggage. They seem to be getting a lot of attention. As we walked closer to them, you could hear them yelling in French.

"You stole Lila's luggage Mari-trash!" said this girl with burgundy hair and glasses.

I wouldn't care for drama like this but it seems like I'll have to involve myself because I'm in charge of them now. I see a girl with dark blue hair and blue eyes rolling her eyes. She seemed unbothered like this wasn't the first time something like this happened.

"How would I steal her luggage when I don't even have my own and I just got to the luggage area too?" The blue hair said back in French. She must be this "Mari-trash" girl they were talking about although she doesn't look like trash. Wait. Did I just compliment a girl?

"You are probably covering it up! Give. Her. Luggage. Back. Now!" Screamed the girl with glasses.

"Alya, it's fine. I found it," said another girl with huge ass bangs, acting innocently.

"Yeah, probably because we were on to her!" said the girl "Alya".

"Ridiculous! Utterly ridiculous! Y'all are dumb as fuck. Can't you see Marinette just showed up" said a girl with blonde hair.

Marinette. So that is the girl with dark blue hair's name.

*Marinette's Pov*

"Bugaboo, wake up. We're here," Adrien said, shaking me a bit.

I open my eyes to see him smiling. That smile. It feels weird to hear him calling me Bugaboo now. I constantly think about how I always rejected Chat Noir; telling him that I was in love with someone else. Now I know he's in a relationship and moved on. When it was just us alone after the identity reveal, Adrien asked if I use Ladybug as a way to escape from "the civilian life" too. I learned that day that Chat Noir is his escape from being Adrien, the Adrien I loved, the Adrien that he hated. When he asked about the boy I loved, I told him it had been Luka since at that time we were still together. It hurts to think that I loved him as the person that he hates himself to be when his true self is Chat Noir, the Chat Noir I had constantly rejected plus, he is with Kagami and I didn't want to ruin their relationship.

Still sleepy, I got up and headed towards the exit of the plane. I checked on Tikki and saw she was nowhere to be found so I started to panic.

"Don't worry, she is with Plagg and the others."

I turned my head towards Adrien, relieved she didn't go far away.

"Thanks, Adrien"

We walk down the ramp and head into the airport to get our luggage.

"So Mari, any new design you can show me? I saw you drawing on the plane," asked Adrien.

"I haven't finished them just yet. When they are all done I'll show you."

We head up to the luggage station. That is when all hell broke loose.

"WHAT THE HELL MARINETTE!" screamed Alya.

Everyone started to stare at us.

"What happened now, Alya?" I asked, annoyed. 

"No, it's okay Alya. She is probably jealous; it's fine," said Lila with tears starting to come out from her eyes. Great. What the hell do they think I did this time?

"I'll tell you what happened! You stole Lila's luggage Mari-trash!"

Did they really think I stole luggage when I hadn't even gotten my own? I rolled my eyes.

"How would I steal her luggage when I don't even have my own, and I just got to the luggage area too?"

"You are probably covering it up! Give. Her. Luggage. Back. Now!" Alya screamed.

"Alya, it's fine. I found it," Lila said.

"Yeah, probably because we were on to her!"

"Ridiculous! Utterly ridiculous! Y'all are dumb as fuck. Can't you see Marinette just showed up," Chloe said.

"Yeah, she had just gotten off the plane with me," said Adrien.

"Whatever, you still took it," Alya sneered as she walked away.

I see two boys staring at us. They both had dark black hair. One seemed older; he had pale skin with bright blue eyes, while the younger one was more tanned and had dark green eyes, very different from Adrien's bright green ones. I could get lost in his eye more easily. Wait, what? I think I have a thing for green-eyed people.

I felt my face grow warm as I went up to them. Honestly, though, they both were really good-looking people. I wanted to apologize so it's a good thing I learned English before I came.

"Sorry, you had to see that. They are a bit dramatic," I said in English. The two boys continued to stare at me. The one with blue eyes responded with a laugh.

"A bit dramatic? They seem crazy, but then again, this is Gotham," said the blue-eyed one with a smile

"Um yeah, haha. Um, we are French students here on a school trip. Do you think you can point me in the direction of the bus areas?" I asked them.

"Oh, most definitely! But we are here for you guys. Well, mostly, my little brother is; he is here as your group's translator. I'm just here to drop him off," he said, patting the younger one on the back, and pushing him forward slightly.

"Oh really? Thank you, Monsieur!"

"Oh, my name is Richard but you can call me Dick, and this is Damian; he isn't really a people person but our father forced him to come here."

"Okay Dick, you can leave now," said Damian, pushing Dick away.

"What! How can I just leave now? I just met them, and how rude will that be and our family name!" He said, clenching his heart.

"Last time I checked, I was the one with the family name not you, so stop embarrassing yourself and leave!" Damian said.

"Dami, why do you always have to be so mean? I thought I was your favorite," Dick said.

They continued their conversation but ended it when the teachers announced they were headed to the bus area.