【 48 】

*3rd Person*

"Thank you all for showing up today. I want to personally thank every single one of you that have been part of today's charity gala. Please continue to enjoy yourselves," Bruce said at the end of his speech.

Everyone clapped at the end of his speech. It was short, a little too short since Bruce saw someone sketchy staring at him. No one really paid attention to why his speech was short since it was Bruce Wayne and they are used to him leaving early or coming in late to his own events in the past.

It was like everyone was in sync all making eye contact with each other, already feeling that something was about to happen. Marinette saw Adrien with Jon so then looked around for Damian, they somehow split ways.

Marinette heard a scream and saw Damian in front of someone who she thought looked like Two-Face but was different. His face was half sewn, one eye was shut along with the half of his mouth.

This was Hawkmoth's play. He was a distraction.

"Heads you die, Tails your father dies," he told Damian while tossing his coin in the air.

The coin landed back on his hand.

"Well, it looks like you're about to be an orphan but that doesn't mean I can't hurt you just a bit," he said as he went for a swing at Damian, which he dodged.

At the same moment, a dark green vomit gas emerged from the floor. People started screaming more, now starting to run.

Marinette ran over to Damian.

"What are you doing over here? Go to Agreste, this is just a distraction," he yelled over to her.

He looked back at the akumatized Two-Face, wanting to take him down but then would risk exposing his identity as Robin so he grabbed Marinette's hand and ran to the hallway upstairs to avoid the gas.

They saw Superman flying above the ballroom as he sucked in the gas but they immediately dropped to the floor. He was holding his head like he was in pain, tears started running down his face as he started to scream. They saw people already on the floor scared from thinking people were attacking them. They couldn't see the others in the room before more gas kept coming, replacing the gas that was taken and completely covering the bottom of the room.

"Fear toxin," Damian said to Marinette.

The gas was now traveling higher, even breaking the windows and coming from the outside. They don't know what happened to others in the Bat-Family if they got caught in the gas too.

"Scarecrow must be akumatized as well," Damian said to her as they started to run again to get away from the toxin.

They headed to a window without any gas and jumped through. The only way to the cave in the house was on the bottom floor. Damian hugged Marinette just before they landed on the grass, having Marinette land on top of Damian so she wouldn't get hurt.

They stood up and Damian led her down to the gardens to the greenhouse in the back. There was a secret entrance to the cave in case of emergencies. When they opened the door to the greenhouse they heard a gunshot. They both looked back.

"We have to go see-" Marinette started to say.

"We can't, otherwise we'll just get caught in the fear toxin. It affected Superman without kryptonite," Damian said, leading her inside the cave.

"But the others."

"We'll find a way to get back in," Damian said as they ran down the steps.

Marinette and Damian ran down the long path to the cave.