【 18 】

*Marinette's Pov*

After Robin left, I went down the staircase to my room. I was just turned into the hallway into my room where Adrien was already there sitting on the floor waiting. Waiting for me, no doubt.

I took a deep breath, knowing the conversation that was about to go down.

"Um, hey," I said awkwardly.

"Marinette, what happened?" he asked worriedly, getting up from the floor.

"Sorry for taking off on you, I just needed to cool off."

I went to my door to avoid eye contact with him.

"I assume you want to talk, let's go inside," I said, opening the door for him.

I led him inside of my room. It got awkward fast.

"How long were you in love with me?" He finally asked, breaking the silence. He seemed nervous too.

"Since the second day we met. When you gave me your umbrella after apologizing saying you were only trying to take the gum off my seat," I answered quietly.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I-I thought I made it obvious, always stuttering around you, always blushing..."

"Wait really? I thought you just didn't like me, that you hated me for some reason."

"No, I had a huge crush on you," I said with a small laugh.

"So you were rejecting me as Chat for...well me? And I was in love with Ladybug, which was you the whole time?" He asked with a dry laugh.

"Um, yeah..."

"So what happens now?" He asked, growing quiet once again.

"I didn't want to ruin our friendship, after everything that has happened with us...but now I ruined it," I said.

"You want to stay friends? I thought you were admitting that you had feelings or something because I told you about Kagami."

"I wasn't planning on admitting those feelings but after I told you it felt more clearer in my head-," I paused.

"That I no longer have any feelings towards you," I finished, finally able to meet him in the eyes.

He didn't know what to say. He wanted to say something but seemed like he couldn't find the right words. As he was finally about to start speaking there was a loud knock.

"Room Service," said a voice from behind the door.

"When did you order room service?"

"Um, when I entered the hotel to go to my room, I asked for room service to be sent up."

"Oh, okay then. I'll go now so you can eat," he said, walking to the door.

*Next Day*

I woke up to my alarm but ignored it. I was so tired that I didn't want to get up.

"Marinette, you need to wake up," said Tikki, slightly shaking my shoulder.

"Am I late again?" I said sitting up.

"Not yet but you will be if you don't get up," she responded, giggling.

I got up and showered then got dressed. Once I finished I went downstairs for breakfast.

"Marinette, is that what you're wearing at the mall?" Chloe said, shocked.

"Yes, Chloe, I'm comfortable," I said.

Chloe flipped her hair.

"Honestly, Maribug, we're going to the mall. You're supposed to look cute. I'm buying you new clothes and I'm not taking any of your approval," Chloe huffed as she flipped her hair.

"Oh my, Chloe, I have decided on a street-style look today. I dressed 'girly' yesterday anyway," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Fine, I guess it's still considered 'style'...but I'm still buying you more clothes, especially since you caught a certain guy's attention," she said, smirking.

"Anyway Mari, what happened to you yesterday? You went with Adrien to the movies and he returned alone for dinner?" Chloe asked.

"Um, I went straight to my room afterward; I got a headache," I said.

"Some headache, Adrien was so scared for you. He didn't tell us what happened, just stayed silent," said Alix.

"Well, yeah, it kinda just hit me," I said.

I wasn't ready to tell them what happened. I was still processing it and thinking about how I already met Robin, one of the heroes of Gotham. I still think it's weird that he seemed to know my name even though I never mentioned it to him. Maybe he already knows I'm Ladybug and did a full background check on me and knows I'm already in Gotham? What if the whole Batfam knows who we all are? Oh, my gods!

Wait then if they know then they definitely can find Hawkmoth. Our suits have quantum masking that will confuse their minds on who we are underneath but it seems like they use facts. Well duh Marinette, they are detectives after all. Okay, so this may be okay since I'm the guardian and say it's okay for other superheroes to know our identities if they must, though they may not share theirs.

OH MY GODS. What if they are secretly watching us right now in their civilian forms. I looked around to see if anyone was secretly spying on us.

"MARINETTE!"

"Wha-What happened?"

"I asked if you were going to get breakfast or just stare at the wall," said Alix, laughing.

After I got my food, I sat back down. Adrien and Nino also showed up while Kim was getting his food.

Adrien and I avoided eye contact. I tried to make it unnoticeable but Chloe figured it out. While we were leaving she pulled me to the side.

"What happened between you two? It looks like you two just went through a breakup," she whispered to me.

"Um, well, I kinda told him I had feelings and that I am no longer into him" I finally said.

I told her the whole thing that happened yesterday, minus mentioning Robin I just lied that I walked back to the hotel.

"Honestly, I kinda noticed he and Kagami were having problems. Also, he seemed to eye you a lot especially when you're with Damian," she said.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, but do you really have no more feelings for him? You were in love with him for so long?" she asked.

"Once I admitted it to Adrien I had no feelings, I wasn't lying, I truly meant it," I answered her.

"Really? Nothing to do with a certain dark-haired grumpy boy that happened to also be our tag-along translator?" She teased.

"What? No of course not! I just met him!"

"You don't have to know a person long to fall in love with them, you fell in love with Adrien the second day after you met, you know after he gave you an umbrella."

"He was apologizing after what happened after you put gum on my seat when he told me he was trying to take it off," I told her sarcastically.

"I said I was sorry for how I bullied you, ugh Marinette you will never let go of the gum incident will you," she said, shaking her head at the same time.

"Anyway, let's go before they realize we're gone," she said, pulling me in the direction the class had left in.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thank you so much for 8,800 reads!!